Adjustable ball joints anyone?

So I just got new 37x13.5 Toyo M/T's installed on my 02 and boy do they look sick! Grab awesome too! Truck is do for an inspection this month (done annually) and I got to looking and it seems like my upper ball joints are literally coming apart, probably not safe lol. The whole lift knuckle drops when I jack up the truck, and I mean like ball joint falling, not suspension give. I remember when I got my last alignment they maxed out the camber settings, so Im wondering if I installed some adjustable upper ball joints if this will help my issue? Need new ones anyways, why not get the correct ones.

Has anyone had experience with these? I see two brands online that make them, Raybestos and ACDelco. Hard to choose which one since they are both great companies.

Oh, here's another issue I need adjustable ball joints. You would figure the tire shop would have caught this. Not sure if I should raise hell with them or just get adjustables and hope that solves my issues

a4df44b5543cff57cb4ef35efaa3c5ec.jpg

Hmm I really don't want wheel spacers. It's either that or higher offset wheels.

Anything with modified suspension, whether lifted or lowered, there are such things as adjustable ball joints. Sorry if I want one of my trucks to look different

Until just now I haven't heard of adjustable ball joints either. I guess as long as they are trusted to hold the adjustment then you will be good to go. I'd just be curious if an alignment shop would know how to adjust them to get your wheels/tires in proper alignment? :dunno: Make sure you go to a good/trusted shop. I'm betting side of the road places are going to be confused when you tell them about "adjustable" ball joints. :wtf:

I would just put a thin spacer... It will save time and money. Wouldn't be afraid to run them, not like your offset is or will be crazy with them.

I'll do a spacer if need be. I need new ball joints so I'm either gonna do the adjustable ones and see where that gets me or just get a regular moog ball joint and do wheel spacers. Maybe 1/2"?

There are adjustable ball joints, all they are is the center nut shaft is off set from the center of the top but they are only adjustable at installation and cant be adjusted once pressed in unless you cant get the camber right then you press them back out and spin the whole joint then repress.

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna bump this see if I can get any more responses.

What about offset bushings in the upper control arms? Claim an additional 2 degrees of adjustment. May go this route and then get wheel spacers. 1.5"

Went ahead and ordered 2 adjustable MOOG ball joints and 2 sets of 1.5" wheel spacers (hub centric) if those wont take care of pushing the knuckle far enough away. Im sure govtech will absolutely love to hear of my findings here soon :lol:

• 2 years later...

i got a 2000 chevy Tahoe round body style 4wd. question i have is what is the best ball joint replacement for my Tahoe, I'm running 20x12 with 33 12.50 mts and was also wondering about offset ball joints what purpose do they serve and would they help me since i have a -51 offset on my rims.

Archived