Does diet and excercise affect your pistol marksmanship?

To me any time you improve your health it will have a positive effect on your life no matter what you do. It just makes sense.

Feed you body quality fuel and exercise to stay fit and it can only improve your life. Steadier hand, better eye sight, lower blood pressure, stronger muscle tone, how can this not help?

Feed you vehicle junk fuel, don't add aftermarket mods and it will not preform better. Kind of the same concept.

Agree

• 1 month later...

I think it does affect it. Especially with heart rate and breathing. If you're drinking a lot of caffeine or smoking a lot it can affect how you can control your breathing to squeeze of rounds and hold on target.

• Like 3

And for those diabetics with their sugars not under control,  their eyes (vision) have good days and bad.  Days when they see normal and days when they can't see to well.

If you drink two cups of black coffee every morning and then shoot, you obviously train to operate under those conditions.  If you add a third cup or take away a cup, it can affect your shooting.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Your lifestyle and diet affect everything, not only pistol marksmanship. I used to be overweight and didn’t exercise at all. My arm was tired after even holding a gun for a couple of minutes. I even was out of breathing after long-distance and calm walk in a park with my friends. Everything seemed normal for me, until something pumped in my head, and realized that I have to change my body. I started with the most popular program, such as Weight Watchers. But, to be honest, it didn’t really help me. My advice to you finds something suitable for you. While I was doing my research, I ran into this article https://www.modernfit.com/programs/noom/how-noom-stacks-up-vs-weight-watchers/ and decided to try this program. It was very helpful in the beginning and helped to adjust to a new lifestyle.

Edited by Ace864

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, Ace864 said:

Your lifestyle and diet affect everything, not only pistol marksmanship. I used to be overweight and didn’t exercise at all. My arm was tired after even holding a gun for a couple of minutes. I even was out of breathing after long-distance and calm walk in a park with my friends. Everything seemed normal for me, until something pumped in my head, and realized that I have to change my body. I started with the most popular program, such as Weight Watchers. But, to be honest, it didn’t really help me. My advice to you finds something suitable for you. While I was doing my research, I ran into this article https://www.modernfit.com/programs/noom/how-noom-stacks-up-vs-weight-watchers/ and decided to try this program. It was very helpful in the beginning and helped to adjust to a new lifestyle.

I also tried to lose weight with WW, but it didn't work on me. It seems for me that it became a bunch of commercial products, rather than help for overweight people, and those who wants to be fit

I also tried to lose weight with WW, but it didn't work on me. It seems for me that it became a bunch of commercial products, rather than help for overweight people, and those who wants to be fit

Ah thread revival. WW was life changing for me. After trying every weight management on the books about 15 years ago I tried weight watchers. Actually it was my wife, I just followed along. I’d had gotten to 250 lbs. I hover in the low 220s. I’m not skinny, but don’t feel like I’m on a diet. If I didn’t like eating so much, it would be easy to weigh less. I even have two semi pig out days. If you can’t lose on it there’s something else medically going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk