No spark - wire broken

Hey guys - new to the forum. I've been lucky with my truck only having minor issues that I could fix by digging around the internet but I don't even know how to search for this one, so I created an account and am asking for help. 2006 Silverado 1500 4.8L. Had the truck since 2008 and I love it. Starter was going bad so I replaced it. Easy enough....then I go to start and it will turn over fine, but won't start. Ended up testing fuel pressure, it's good. Going to remove a plug to test to see if I had spark and I couldn't get the dang boot off. Ended up tearing the plug wire up so since I was buying new wires, I bought new plugs too. Replaced them all yesterday and I have no spark. I ended up pulling the starter back off to make sure it was connected tight and it was. Still no spark. After messing around and testing some stuff I was just determined that something with the starter was causing my issue as it happened immediately after the replacement. Someone told me there were more than 2 wires going to the starter and I must have missed one. Thinking there was no way, but I was out of guesses. I pulled the starter and looked up there and found the issue. 2 of the 3 wires on this connecter were broken...apparently when I removed the old starter and put the new one in. So my question...can I get this connector and reconnect it or do I have to get the entire harness? I followed it for a bit and its hard to trace. Not sure where it goes. It splits and one wires goes to my solenoid on the starter and the other goes who know where. So in the pic, you can see the connector and the connection is up above it. Next to where the bolt looks shiny, there is a black connection that it plugs in to. Jasonpost-143586-0-77232200-1431696474_thumb.jpg

post-143586-0-77232200-1431696474_thumb.jpg

Haha...guess I should have explained a little better about where exactly the pic was :) Replaced the connector, put the starter back in and she fired right up! I'm happy! Thanks again sir! So lesson to anyone replacing the starter...be careful of the connector and very light wires right up above it. I had to do some wiggling to get the starter out and I think its pretty easy to hang into those and break one. $30 for the connector too!

Archived