Aftermarket rims and TPMS

Hey guys. Looking at getting a new set of rims for my truck and am new to the tpms system. Will new rims come with sensors or can I / will I have to remove the ones off my existing rims? Thanks for the help

New rims won't come with them but you can purchase them and have them installed. You can re-use the sensors from your old wheels, but will have to pay for a replacement stem (believe that's what has to be replaced). If your trying to save money that's the route to go. I have two sets of wheels so I went with a whole new set of gm sensors.

I've never looked into them I guess. Are they part of the valve stem or a whole new hole in the rim unseen ? If I remove them can I still use those rims to slap on an older truck or will I have a hole to plug?

When I got my Method/Duratrac setup from TireRack I paid for a new set of TPMS sensors - probably just some generic brand but they synced up no problem once I put the truck into learning mode. As always (5/6 sets of rims/tires mounted/balanced/delivred) very happy with my TireRack customer experience.

When I got my Method/Duratrac setup from TireRack I paid for a new set of TPMS sensors - probably just some generic brand but they synced up no problem once I put the truck into learning mode. As always (5/6 sets of rims/tires mounted/balanced/delivred) very happy with my TireRack customer experience.

Sorry to get off topic, but how do you put it into learn mode?

Archived