2014 Silverado grill removal

I dont have a silverado I have a sierra, but im pretty sure they're about the same. First you have to take the piece off above the bumper which is a major pain. Then theres just 4 bolts that hold the grille on.

Not that hard, I've gotten so used to it though. Sierra's you have to partially remove the fender moldings to access the trim piece and pop it off. Silverado's don't have moldings so you should just see a 7mm bolt behind the middle trim piece (in between bumper and grille, it's all plastic) then just start pulling on the edge's it'll pop off. Don't pull if from the entire middle point of the piece, it's held in by tabs and you will break them. Get under the truck and undo the tabs holding it in place then off she comes. As far as the grille, the Sierra has a one piece grille with 4 10mm bolts on top and 4 along the bottom. Remove those and it pops off. Reverse steps to put it all on.

Again this is all from me dissembling my Sierra for various reasons. I'm sure there's a few minor difference for a Silvy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived