level kit

my local dealer is running a "special " the 2inch level kit for 625 installed .What is the upside \ downside to having this done I have a 15 ltz with the 20" wheels .The main function of the truck is to tow the boat so will this affect the handling while towing ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you should be able to get it done for under $500 if you look around...maybe even under $400 installed. kit itself is only $150 and shouldn't take more that 2-3 hours tops to install. $650 sounds a little expensive

Got mine installed at Meineke for 1.5 hours of labor plus alignment. Think it was around 230 bucks. My dealer wanted over 700 which included the kit....they were charging 299 for the same procomp kit I got for 154. Robbery if you ask me.

Sent from my Note 4

Just because a dealer installs the kit does not mean you are "OK" on your warranty. Unless they put something in writing saying that the would cover any and all suspension failures that are caused or or not caused by the level kit then a dealer installing it does not mean much.

Just because a dealer installs the kit does not mean you are "OK" on your warranty. Unless they put something in writing saying that the would cover any and all suspension failures that are caused or or not caused by the level kit then a dealer installing it does not mean much.

I didnt know that

my local dealer is running a "special " the 2inch level kit for 625 installed .What is the upside \ downside to having this done I have a 15 ltz with the 20" wheels .The main function of the truck is to tow the boat so will this affect the handling while towing ?

That is NOT anything "special". That's a dealership attempting to take advantage of customers that don't know any better. Typical dealership move there, looking to rip people off. If I were you, I would go somewhere else to purchase a vehicle and never attempt to do any business with that place again.

When they told you about this "special", were they wearing masks? Should have been because they are crooks!

A Rough Country 2" leveling kit costs around $70.00 and is very easy to install. Buy one and do it yourself. Whatever you do, don't pay that stealership that crazy amount of money they are trying to get from you and other unaware customers!

LOL, The service manager at my local dealer verbally told me $300 installed w alignment plus tax. I agreed, got it done, upon pickup the dumbass at the counter says something like $781! I almost fell over told her to take the kit back off as no way I am paying that. I told them I agreed and was quoted $300 by the manager guy, they called him, he didn't come, thankfully I had a text that showed it and they believed the text.

You're quote sounds high. I do love the higher front end and leveled look. I'd get it again for sure.

Do you have to re-aim your headlights after leveling? I would think it would make them shine too high.

Yes good idea. My dealer didn't do this for me and I plan on doing it myself this week.

LOL, The service manager at my local dealer verbally told me $300 installed w alignment plus tax. I agreed, got it done, upon pickup the dumbass at the counter says something like $781! I almost fell over told her to take the kit back off as no way I am paying that. I told them I agreed and was quoted $300 by the manager guy, they called him, he didn't come, thankfully I had a text that showed it and they believed the text.

You're quote sounds high. I do love the higher front end and leveled look. I'd get it again for sure.

Yes good idea. My dealer didn't do this for me and I plan on doing it myself this week.

My headlights needed adjustment after the leveling kit. They pointed way too high.

Your headlights should be properly adjusted after installing all lift kits. It's a very simple process and should only take a few minutes to complete on your own time.

Getting back to these dealer installed leveling kits and their insane pricing, I have both of my trucks lifted 2" out front and installed 3" blocks out back and my parts cost was nowhere near what these dealerships are charging for a simple front spacer install.

My trucks are lifted using lift struts and for the price these crooks are charging people, I could buy an extra set of Rancho Quick Lift struts for both trucks and still have money left over.

Another thing to be aware of are the types/brand of kit these clowns are installing. Most, if not all top strut spacers require modifying your OEM strut and it's impossible to return the truck to OEM height. This is because the top spacers require cutting of the factory strut mounting bolts but the dealer doesn't give you that information, you'll be lucky if they tell you the brand of kit they are using. The only way to return to OEM height is to purchase new struts because the bolts are cut off short to allow the top spacer to be installed.

The only brand name kit that doesn't require modifying the strut mounting points is the Rough Country bottom spacer. There are many knock offs that copy their design but I would go with the original.

People, don't be fooled into paying these prices. Dealers that are doing this are looking to take advantage of people and unfortunately, there are many who fall for their crap. Do your research before even getting the idea of having any stealership install any type of lift.

This topic is yet again another example of why I constantly tell folks, do not go to a dealer for any type of work. They don't know what they are doing most of the time and their so called "techs" are a joke.

OP,

You should post the name and address of this stealership so nobody falls victim to their robbery tactics. The word needs to get out about crooks like you are dealing with.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Your headlights should be properly adjusted after installing all lift kits. It's a very simple process and should only take a few minutes to complete on your own time.

Getting back to these dealer installed leveling kits and their insane pricing, I have both of my trucks lifted 2" out front and installed 3" blocks out back and my parts cost was nowhere near what these dealerships are charging for a simple front spacer install.

My trucks are lifted using lift struts and for the price these crooks are charging people, I could buy an extra set of Rancho Quick Lift struts for both trucks and still have money left over.

Another thing to be aware of are the types/brand of kit these clowns are installing. Most, if not all top strut spacers require modifying your OEM strut and it's impossible to return the truck to OEM height. This is because the top spacers require cutting of the factory strut mounting bolts but the dealer doesn't give you that information, you'll be lucky if they tell you the brand of kit they are using. The only way to return to OEM height is to purchase new struts because the bolts are cut off short to allow the top spacer to be installed.

The only brand name kit that doesn't require modifying the strut mounting points is the Rough Country bottom spacer. There are many knock offs that copy their design but I would go with the original.

People, don't be fooled into paying these prices. Dealers that are doing this are looking to take advantage of people and unfortunately, there are many who fall for their crap. Do your research before even getting the idea of having any stealership install any type of lift.

This topic is yet again another example of why I constantly tell folks, do not go to a dealer for any type of work. They don't know what they are doing most of the time and their so called "techs" are a joke.

OP,

You should post the name and address of this stealership so nobody falls victim to their robbery tactics. The word needs to get out about crooks like you are dealing with.

using Tapatalk

A company of BDS (ZONE) makes a 2" level that's a bottom spacer mount and I feel is in no way a knock off of RC. But to each their own.

OP,

using Tapatalk

RC is not the only kit that requires zero modification to your truck parts. Please check again before making sales pitches. There are plenty of aftermarket kits that are high quality with great designs.

I used Top Gun Customz 2.5 kit and it is high quality. I didn't need the rear block and it was less expensive to buy their kit than RC. To each their own

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Archived