Question for those running 6' lift and 35's

Looking to do a 6" lift with 35's. My truck is stock with 3.08 gears. I know I'll need to regear. What would you recommend for best all around power and mpg. I'm fine with a stock level of power also.

I'm not worried about mpg but I do a lot of highway driving for kids sports. Ultimately I want as good a mpg as possible without my truck being a dog. I live in CT so there's some hilly highways. I really don't tow/haul anything except an occasional utility trailer couple times a year. Nothing heavy either. Nor do I do any hard off roading.

I've been trying to convince myself to settle for a 4" lift and 33's. But it's just not what I really want and I'd rather not do this twice since I'm going BDS with Fox upgrades.

Appreciate any advice you guys may have and thanks in advance.

- Cato

my buddy just bought 35" toyo open country at's and they are only 20 lbs heavier than the stock tire at 60lbs. might not even need to re gear if you dont put a real heavy mud tire on.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. ^^^

Thanks

The power loss wasn't too noticeable around town, it was on the highway when trying to pass someone that you could really notice the power loss. Truck just didn't have the passing power it used too before the heavier tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well since you have the 5.3L you have a lot of gear options. I would recommend something like a 4.10 or theres an in between size before you hit 4.56. I think its a 4.27 or something. I'd also talk to some local shops and see what kind of rpms they have seen with gears on the highway too. Also, G2 gears are supposed to be quiter than Yukons if that matters.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The power loss wasn't too noticeable around town, it was on the highway when trying to pass someone that you could really notice the power loss. Truck just didn't have the passing power it used too before the heavier tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Agree^^ That's what I'm noticing now and I've only bumped up to a 33" AT.

Thanks

Well since you have the 5.3L you have a lot of gear options. I would recommend something like a 4.10 or theres an in between size before you hit 4.56. I think its a 4.27 or something. I'd also talk to some local shops and see what kind of rpms they have seen with gears on the highway too. Also, G2 gears are supposed to be quiter than Yukons if that matters.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. Good to know. ^^ I've been thinking 4.10 myself. I will certainly ask around first tho.

3.73 gears would make 35" tires feel like 32" tires with 3.42 gears - so it'd make it feel stock which should be fine

4.10 gears would make 35" tires feel like 32" tires with 3.73 gears - so it'd feel like it has a little more pep

Of course your wheel/tire weight are going to change and make it feel a little slower because they'll be heavier/wider, but those are pretty close if you do the math.

Archived