Fresh Sig P226 CA Compliant Version

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurshot what model is the single stack Sig you have in the picture? I am after another Sig that can do conceal carry duty and also HD for when the wife is home alone while I am working night. New house has alarm and cameras, but there are only going to be 5 occupied homes in our new edition out of the 40 that are scheduled for the first phase of development.

Plan is once we get into the house I am going to make something under the bed to hold the Remington 870, other thought it to make a holster on the backside of the headboard or under the nightstand that I can put another side arm into that will also allow the weapon with a weapon light to be in the holster. We don't have any children so I have no worries about loaded guns being in the house, and I am like you in the fact that there is always either a loaded gun on me, near me or on the shelf in the safe.

I pull every mag disconnect out of my guns as well, last thing I need is if I get into a scuffle with an intruder and the mag gets dropped to not be able to fire the last round in the gun if I need to. I also go thru the firing system of every gun I have and polish every surface, it helps with smoothness of the trigger and can actually reduce trigger weight in some cases.

Spurshot what model is the single stack Sig you have in the picture? I am after another Sig that can do conceal carry duty and also HD for when the wife is home alone while I am working night. New house has alarm and cameras, but there are only going to be 5 occupied homes in our new edition out of the 40 that are scheduled for the first phase of development.

Plan is once we get into the house I am going to make something under the bed to hold the Remington 870, other thought it to make a holster on the backside of the headboard or under the nightstand that I can put another side arm into that will also allow the weapon with a weapon light to be in the holster. We don't have any children so I have no worries about loaded guns being in the house, and I am like you in the fact that there is always either a loaded gun on me, near me or on the shelf in the safe.

His single stack is a 239

• 4 months later...

Believe it or not, I hadn't had the time to shoot the 226 since February, until a week ago. Dealing with my 92 year old mother's care, work, etc.. Just wasn't a priority. I took it to a local indoor range, mainly because a co-worker wanted to shoot it so he could decide if he wanted to buy one for our upcoming defensive pistol classes. He actually fired the first shots from it. I think he put 50 rounds thru it. I brought out a Gold Cup, a compensated/red dot scoped 45 from yesteryear that I had built myself, a Sig 239 .40, and the Sig 226 .40. He shot all of them. But he really took a liking to the 226.

I picked up the 226 and put a few rounds downrange at 25 yrds. The gun seemed to be dead on for me and I was able to put them right where I wanted pretty easily. My friend, on the other hand, needs some trigger control practice. I think he needs some .22 pistol time.

I hadn't shot the old compensated gun in probably 20 years or more. I put 3 rounds into a cloverleaf at 25 yrds. That gun still shoots for me. A fitted Bar-Sto barrel and bushing, McCormick trigger, hand fitted sear and hammer, tightened and lapped slide. smiley_quickdraw.gif

Archived