2 hours ago, Christopher Liotta said:

Not sure if this applies to y'all, but there is now an extended warrantee on the fuel injectors:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163854-9999.pdf

Deadline for reimbursement is 8/312020, so get on it!

Thanks for posting. Bulletin only includes the 2016-2017 model years but I've seen quite a few 14-15s in this thread. Are these owners SOL with the warranty on these vehicles?

No mention of the 2018 - 2019 (classic) either. I wonder if these got different fuel injectors not to be included also.

• 3 weeks later...

That notice has lots of gotcha’s

2016 - 2017 L83 5.3L and L86 6.2L

This special coverage only applies to vehicles in these states: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.

• 3 weeks later...

Just going through this, myself.  I brought home a new to me CPO 2017 Sierra with 27K miles on Wednesday last week.  Thursday morning it threw the CEL with codes P300 and P050D.  It had a rough idle and hard shifts.  I took it back to the GMC dealer I got it from and they are replacing the bank 1 injectors.  All covered by warranty.  If it hadn't been covered, I would have had some words with the dealership as getting 14 trouble free hours out of a truck this young would have been a "problem" for me.  I pick it up tonight.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this issue is behind me.

I also got the reduced engine power message. 

epowerred.jpg

Edited by dgravity
Added Image

4 hours ago, dgravity said:

Just going through this, myself.  I brought home a new to me CPO 2017 Sierra with 27K miles on Wednesday last week.  Thursday morning it threw the CEL with codes P300 and P050D.  It had a rough idle and hard shifts.  I took it back to the GMC dealer I got it from and they are replacing the bank 1 injectors.  All covered by warranty.  If it hadn't been covered, I would have had some words with the dealership as getting 14 trouble free hours out of a truck this young would have been a "problem" for me.  I pick it up tonight.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this issue is behind me.

I also got the reduced engine power message. 

epowerred.jpg

They'll probably say no, but I'd call them up and ask to have the other bank done as well. Guys have had one bank replaced just to have the issue show up in the other bank. No sense in pulling all that apart just to be one easy step away from doing the other bank. The high pressure fuel lines have to be replaced each time new injectors are put in, so might as well do them all at once and consider it a cost avoidance.