Can I clear it or would the dealership have to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should let the dealership do it, I am seeing a few cases of this code now that all leads up to injectors unable to provide enough pressure

• 1 month later...

I got the P050D code last week. I brought the truck in on Tuesday and got it back yesterday (Thursday). The Technician also spotted a leaky radiator so that was changed along with the fuel injector for the #3 cylinder. While the Technician did a great job, I can't say anything remotely like that for the rest of the service department as my experience with them was completely unacceptable.......

The odd thing about the P050D code with my truck is that when it was seeing this code my transmission was shift up and down with very hard shifts.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello Cbrown85,

We certainly don’t like hearing about this cold start concern. If you’d like, we’d be more than happy to touch base with your preferred dealer in regards to this engine code. If this is something we can do for you, please let us know via private message.

Happy Holidays,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

• 2 weeks later...

My 2014 high country is throwing this code now. and the trans is downshifting really hard. Is it a fuel injector problem? is there any way to tell which injector to swap out?

Had the same issue 2months ago they had to replace 2 injectors and now running just fine again

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Im guessing mine is having the same problem.. P050D is popping up 87K miles old. this is frustrating because it was just misfiring on cylinder 4 a month ago with code P0300 (Random/Multiple cylinder misfire) of course took it in to the dealer i bought the truck from had it serviced and now this.. 2 codes P219 and P050D.. all in the same week that it was just serviced for P050D.. took it back to the dealer only for them to of course deny everything as the all do i imagine.. but then said they will look at it for me but it will cost me the diagnostic fee.. why would i pay that again if i already paid for the misfire issue... im loosing fait in GM to be honest. My Dad's old Tundra at 120K miles is still runing properly with all original parts yet mine is becoming a money hole... please let me know if there is any way to fix this myself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 1:12 PM, GMCustomerService said:

Hello Cbrown85,

We certainly don’t like hearing about this cold start concern. If you’d like, we’d be more than happy to touch base with your preferred dealer in regards to this engine code. If this is something we can do for you, please let us know via private message.

Happy Holidays,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

Come On Man... You are not sorry if you don't have a solution. Telling us that you will gladly hand us names of dealers that make your company more money isn't help, it's advertising. This Seems like a Huge ongoing problem. I have seen a lot of people having this same issue and it really sucks. Mine shut off on my this morning and when I started it up the engine light came on and sure enough P050D code. So now I don't know if it is going to catch fire and blow up or what. I put a can of seafoam in it, hoping that would take care of it, but nope. Not yet! So now I am guessing I will have to take it somewhere to get told they will have to do so much more than they really will and hand over my first born. Ugh... For a truck with so little miles there has been far too many problems.

• Like 3