On 24/1/2019 at 11:04 AM, midwestdenaliguy said:

Yup, power train covers them. One other cheap attempt you can try is throw a bottle of Chevron Techron fuel treatment in your gas tank. It usually doesn't fix the issue, but in some cases the treatment can clean your injectors enough to not throw any more codes. Worth a shot for a few bucks, but I'd take it to the dealer ASAP to start the warranty process.

My dealer told me they are not cover I have 47k miles and the want $1800

• 1 month later...

I just had my check engine light pop up last night. I already have had 1 injector replaced about 1 1/2 ago. The dealer had my truck for 4 days tbey put dye in the coolant to see if it was leaking into a cylinder.

Then they finally after the 3rd day saying it was a bad injector. Now im sure I will have go though the same process again.

I dont know why they wouldnt replace all of them when this happens if they know its a recurring problem. Maybe they need to do a recall? 

Edited by motox2000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 10:56 AM, motox2000 said:

I just had my check engine light pop up last night. I already have had 1 injector replaced about 1 1/2 ago. The dealer had my truck for 4 days tbey put dye in the coolant to see if it was leaking into a cylinder.

Then they finally after the 3rd day saying it was a bad injector. Now im sure I will have go though the same process again.

I dont know why they wouldnt replace all of them when this happens if they know its a recurring problem. Maybe they need to do a recall? 

Covered under powertrain???

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 5:57 PM, FishinDVM said:

Covered under powertrain???

No the injectors are not covered under the powertrain unfortunately. I don't know why it took them 3 days to find it. They should have been able to just do a Fuel injector balance test and look at the drop rates and tell you if an injector was bad. 

The injectors are not hard to replace. I actually made a video on replacing them. Send me a message if you have any questions or need and help. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2016 at 6:50 AM, elzie said:

I got the P050D code last week. I brought the truck in on Tuesday and got it back yesterday (Thursday). The Technician also spotted a leaky radiator so that was changed along with the fuel injector for the #3 cylinder. While the Technician did a great job, I can't say anything remotely like that for the rest of the service department as my experience with them was completely unacceptable.......

The odd thing about the P050D code with my truck is that when it was seeing this code my transmission was shift up and down with very hard shifts.

I got this code this morning and also noticed the hard shifts. Taking it in in a couple days.

• 4 months later...

This is unreal that this is not under warranty or a recall. 2016 1500 with 87000kms needs fuel injectors replaced??? this is a manufacturer issue not an owner issue nor does it fall under normal wear and tear. Disappointing to say the least. Guess will need to replace ALL the injectors at my cost.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive had my 17 with 50k miles in two times for injectors. The comments Ive read all you can do is run seafoam or injector cleaner thru at regular intervals or oil change time. While it is direct injector so wont help valves. The notion is that it may help the injectors to stay clean and keep them from leaking or sticking. From that video the job looks doable by a competent wrench.

Edited by Pearl2017

• 2 months later...