2016 silverado usb ports not working

My 110 is dead and I can't get my AA to connect on my 16 2500. The 110 pops a fuse every time I plug anything into it and the USB doesn't read my phone

Edited by 20Bowtie14

• 4 weeks later...

My 2016 Silverado USB ports stopped working after 2 weeks my transmission down shifts hard specially going up hill and after driving the truck for a little while I'm super pissed off and disappointed

My 2016 Silverado USB ports stopped working after 2 weeks my transmission down shifts hard specially going up hill and after driving the truck for a little while I'm super pissed off and disappointed

• 2 months later...

I purchased my 2016 2500 LTZ Duramax in February. Loved the idea of having the usb ports since my phone wasn't compatible with the wireless charging pad. Ever since I got it, I will plug my Galaxy S5 mini into a usb port and it will start charging for 2 seconds and then it will stop charging for 2 seconds. It stays on this cycle until I unplug it, simply because it isn't charging my phone. I don't want to transfer music or anything else because I do that via Bluetooth. It does the same thing with any of the usb ports that I try. Are they really not made for just charging, or is there something I am missing?

Correct. You need to use the cigarette lighter to charge. That USB port is only for data transfer, not for charging. Most smart phones now require a good amount of power to charge em and the USB port can only accommodate so much power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Anyone fix this issue outside of the dealership? And find replacements that work well if needed? From what I see online the 2 usb ports below the dash are for data only but they would not allow my phone to project onto the dash display. The usb port inside the center console does work. 

I just purchased a 2016 high country and it appears all the ports below the dash in the center console are dead. Not sure if they are connected to the ones inside the center console or not? I also tried the 110v plug to charge some camera batteries and it did not work. The charger did not have a ground thought so maybe that is why? I have not tested the 12v plugs yet.

Looking for some help  dont think the dealer is going to fix for free a 4 year old truck with 50k miles on it. I checked 1 fuse on the passenger side that is a 15A but it is ok.

• 11 months later...
On 5/24/2016 at 1:12 PM, GMCustomerService said:

Hey Everyone,

I am sorry to hear that all of you are experiencing issues with your USB ports in your new Silverados. If you would like additional assistance with this issue and would like me to contact your dealer on your behalf, please do not hesitate to reach out. Additionally, please feel free to message me with any questions or concerns.

Best,

Anthony Z.

GM Customer Care

my truck is doing this as well.  not only that - if it doesn't charge the phone but i can  not even use the projection feature with my maps

• 7 months later...