Am I Crazy to Trade In?

Ahh 10-4. Thanks for the info.

At least they can build one line of trucks right.

I am a huge sucker for the GMT-800 body styles. Especially in a single cab as shown. I drove all older GM body style trucks up until this 07'. Do I like the truck? Yes, it has been a very quiet commuter and comfortable ride especially for a truck with 143k on it. Am I happy with the fact that I have to keep a couple quarts of oil around for when it burns? Nah. I have not had the same "I can beat the piss out of this truck" feeling like I had with my older ones. Im hoping I ease into it.

As for your situation, If your truck runs good, looks good, your happy with the payments and little overhead..I would keep it. I have done what your thinking of doing many times and I OFTEN ask myself why I did it,Its usually when im paying sales tax and insurance in Mass.

So I took the ride Sunday to check them both out. Good thing I went as I am glad I walked away from them both.

The blue one had a better (yet used car douched in black undercoating job) frame that I could tell. The bed was hammered to hell when I opened the cap on it, tailgate was rotting from the inside surface. The body was in better shape than the red one otherwise (exterior sheet metal and rockers).

The red one had paint bubbling on the rockers, no antenna, two busted mirror glasses, the bed under the bedliner and at the edge of it were rusted shot metal, passenger side of the box by the tailgate was bumped in...Doors and interior were nice though. Frame was rough as hell, brake lines were on their way out (been done once before), fuel lines, etc.

Looks like I'm sticking with mine. Plus...I ordered the truck exactly the way I wanted, as close as possible to the 04 I had the accident with (of course the 15 has more than it). As much as that red truck really hit home for me, after looking at them close, I'd be making too big a step back for two trucks that needed quite a bit of work. The whole lot where these two were was just as bad...was a sad walk on that lot.

Thanks all for the responses. Maybe one day a nice -400 or -800 will cross my path.

This is why eBay sucks so much. Imagine buying one sight unseen, and it gets delivered to your driveway like THAT?

Happened to me with that '00 Jimmy. I have the hulk in my backyard right now to remind me daily about how much of an idiot I was, buying not only sight unseen, but from a used car dealer - two strikes for me there! :sick:

downsize_zpsuvijdvkm.jpg

Sure looked nice when I got it though ...

JimmyGMC5_zps467e1054.jpg

Definitely hard to find 800's with little to no rust anymore, especially in the northern states. I'm just glad my Dad can do body work so I can fix mine on my own. I'm just waiting as long as possible to fix my rockers. The longer I wait the less time they'll deal with the crappy winter roads here before I move farther south.

Archived