Vibration and noises fixed!

2015 5.3 LTZ

I have a tread but the search engine here does not seem to find it. I have what I quickly tuned tuned in as an exhaust vibration. GM tried to fix it early on but it came back.

My complaint was a noise and vibration at 30-40mph under light load. What I did not realize is how much vibration I was feeling at all other speeds and loads.

GM recently replaced my exhaust. Holly crap. I did not realize how much I would recognize the improvements it would make all ALL other speeds. I cannot hear or feel the difference in V4 any more. I don't feel the throttle pedal vibrate at all speeds. When I accelerate hard I don't feel like an injector is bad past 3k RPM. Seriously the engine shook.

Honestly I keep looking at my dash to see if I am in V4 or V8. The truck is smooth like a new truck is supposed to be. The drone is gone, small vibrations that I would not have tried to complain about are gone.

I have no idea what is different about the new exhaust. I posted this because in the Yukon forum they say a new exhaust is coming to fix the vibration problems. I used to hate this truck, it is really nice to drive now. I keep my radio off in disbelief of the improvement.

• Like 2

Could explain why so many trucks vibrate at the same speed range. Some of the other vibrations at other speed ranges could be slight variations in the exhaust.

Will be interesting to see how this might progress.

Edited by polarys425

2015 5.3 LTZ

I have a tread but the search engine here does not seem to find it. I have what I quickly tuned tuned in as an exhaust vibration. GM tried to fix it early on but it came back.

My complaint was a noise and vibration at 30-40mph under light load. What I did not realize is how much vibration I was feeling at all other speeds and loads.

GM recently replaced my exhaust. Holly crap. I did not realize how much I would recognize the improvements it would make all ALL other speeds. I cannot hear or feel the difference in V4 any more. I don't feel the throttle pedal vibrate at all speeds. When I accelerate hard I don't feel like an injector is bad past 3k RPM. Seriously the engine shook.

Honestly I keep looking at my dash to see if I am in V4 or V8. The truck is smooth like a new truck is supposed to be. The drone is gone, small vibrations that I would not have tried to complain about are gone.

I have no idea what is different about the new exhaust. I posted this because in the Yukon forum they say a new exhaust is coming to fix the vibration problems. I used to hate this truck, it is really nice to drive now. I keep my radio off in disbelief of the improvement.

Do you know if they went exhaust manifold back? Catalytic converter back? Please provide some more details. Gas pedal , anything in steering wheel?

I can say i had the exhaust pressure in my truck adjusted once, and it helped for a while, but got worse again. I've heard rumors of high flow exhaust systems helping, but I haven't tried it so I cant say for sure. regardless, I sent a final repair notice to GM this past Monday.

They first adjusted my exhaust and the vibration went away for 300 miles. This time they replaced whatever amount is needed to replace the flap valve in the rear. I have a little more than 300 miles now with fingers crossed it stays fixed.

On a side note, do any of you hear kind of a "tinny" sound on acceleration from the exhaust? On my company's '15 6.2L Yukon XL Denali it has the sound under heavy acceleration and slight vibration of some sort.

In V4 mode the sound was very tinny, like ping ping ping. It is gone now. I hope it is gone for good. It is crazy how different the truck is now.

The truck is running like a sewing machine. I am nervous to jinx my luck. I have my radio off most of the time waiting to hear the crap some back. But so far so good.

• 4 years later...