1st time & last time Chevy owner. GM not responding to safety conc

I gave GM their first and last chance by buying a new 2015 Tahoe LT. In the last year it has been in the shop, in total, more than 4 weeks. All related to the driver seat moving forward to the steering wheel but most concerning... taking my wife all the way back and out of reach of the brake pedal while driving at various speeds. Switch does not work while this is happening and you must unbunkle and scoot up quickly to reach your pedals. Each time the dealership replaces various parts, stating at one point it was an issue with the wiring... a wire had been rubbed raw by the seat rail due to a flawed design and "your vehicle is not safe to be driven until this is resolved" Yet the issue continues to happen putting my family in danger and after contacting GM direct I continue to get the run around. I am forwarding my concerns to the Attorney General and BBB. Any other suggestions or past experience with their disregard to safety?

• 8 months later...

It sounds like you have a valid lemon law complaint, depending on your state. If you do, I recommend initiating a lemon law case through the BBB rather than the courts.

I did that with a Corvette problem last year; within a week GM called me and told me to go to the dealer and pick out a new car for an "MSRP to MSRP" trade.

WOW, so all those master tecs can't figure out how to reroute the wires? How about removing a fuse till they figure it so at least it could be driven in the mean time? Or disconnect the power wire? I'd be more worried about a fire from a short.

• 2 weeks later...

lol, do you really think Japanese are better? I was doing FOB programming on a Highlander last week and with the key in ACC the steering wheel turned all the way to the right on it's own. The lady said Toyota said it was normal. ''Not when your on the interstate at 70 mph it isn't''. Your problem isn't a design flaw it's an assembly oversight or laziness, now the fact they can't repair it the dealer that is puzzling. They should have just replaced the whole seat on a new vehicle. Done!

Archived