2014 Silverado headlight updated to LED?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone tried these https://www.auxbeam.com/88621846

Don't know if I wanna go with the fan style or wait on VLED's to have the DRL specific set up they have coming out for their ribbon style led headlights. Anyone have any experience with both styles that could give some pros and cons?

CREE Leds

Find one that uses Philips LumiLED, will be more but worth it. I have a fan on mine no issues. I have similar fans that have been running non stop in PC's and such over 5+ years so not worried about it. the little electric motor in there has no moving/touching parts and it just a small spindle spun by an electromagnet it should be fine. It also will not gunk up because it is in a sealed environment and is no dust flying around. The main reason for the ribbons is fitment so you can jam them in there, which probably reduces overall cooling depending on the amount of jamming involved. Just go down to your local thrift store and find a 10+ year old toy and connect power to its motor bet it works. Despite what anyone tells you, given the fact my lights only run at night the longevity of those electric fans is greater than the engine in the truck itself. My 5.3L will fail long long before those electric fans for it I ran it 5 years non stop day and night it would be dead for sure as that mileage would be freaking insane, even if you were only driving 35 miles per hour that whole time it would be 1,534,050 miles accounting for the leap year and the lights would still only ever be on at night so times 2!

I have the ribbon set up, and while I have no where near the longevity in my lights that he does, I love them. One thing I'll say is make sure the fan is going to be small enough to fit under your dust cover. There's a guy on here who sells dust covers that have expanded dimensions but they're also 100$/cover from my research. I went to a lot of trouble to get my ribbons in there, but I will say they aren't jammed in there. I cut a hole in all 4 of my covers, fed the ribbons through, and siliconed the hole shut. It's as weather tight as before. It's a matter of preference.

Figured I'd give my 2¢ so you could hear from both sides of the fence

Archived