Running board question

The frames are in no way similar, so it would have to be great planning on the part of GM. Heck, even diesel and gas HD trucks need different running boards.

The frames are in no way similar, so it would have to be great planning on the part of GM. Heck, even diesel and gas HD trucks need different running boards.

They attach to the cab not the frame and they use same cab for both (which is why the 1500 have an empty battery spot only used in HD's)

Well, my truck uses a unique part number. The 2500/3500 uses a different number than the 1500 as well. I realize that they may be essentially the same even with different pn's.

I hope they fit, as the OP seems to be doing a favor for someone.

I gave my stick boards away to a friend too.

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/#

Well, my truck uses a unique part number. The 2500/3500 uses a different number than the 1500 as well. I realize that they may be essentially the same even with different pn's.

I hope they fit, as the OP seems to be doing a favor for someone.

I gave my stick boards away to a friend too.

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/#

Negatory even the link you posted states:

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 2014-2016 photo_btn.jpg 76400-01A Plug-n-Play Conversion Kit only

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 2500/3500 2015-2016 photo_btn.jpg 76400-01A Plug-n-Play Conversion Kit only

Same part number: 76400-01A

Only cab size matters.

I would also not be surprised if the same part even fit multiple brands. It is not like GM makes the factory boards even, I am sure that is outsourced as are many of the parts. And mostly all trucks are the same length roughly so they may not be a precise fit even in factory and have some 'wiggle room'.

For example I know some aftermarket boards will fit across different GMC, Ford, Dodge (but then again they may require holes drilled)

I have a 2016 Denali HD with factory installed running boards. If I take them off will they fit a 1500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014+ 1500 crew cab trucks and 2015+ 2500/3500 crew cab trucks with gas engines are the same.

2015+ 2500/3500 crew cab trucks with LML or LP5 Duramax are different due to the DEF tank.

Archived