Blue Smoke?

I had the same problem a month ago with my 05. I change my oil religiously and when i pulled the valve cover it wasn't gummed up at all! I bought a new valve cover. Didnt wanna risk any of the junk from the internal pcv dropping down. Haven't lost a drop of oil since and no more smoke. Changed the oil immediately after and will be changing it again when I hit 1500 miles to make sure everything is clean. If none of that works you may need new valve seals. Good luck!!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Its come back off and on. Hasn’t done it in a while. One thing I noticed in winter when cold out. It will smoke a lot. Other vehicles i see on road are not smoking that much. What could it be? 162k on it now. Have had truck since 70k and only used full synthetic mobile one oil. I let truck warm up in winter months before leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke or just lots of steam from the exhaust?

I always see larger vehicles with bigger engines, more exhaust pipe to heat up show more steam from the exhaust when it's cold outside.

Blue smoke at start up is likely the valve seals or the PCV system is filling the intake with lots of oil. Switch oil brands if you have too, see if anything changes. Amsoil sells their OE brand for like $5.80 a quart or something, it's often cheaper than Mobil 1. Atleast at the Napa I shop at.