Fiber Optic Led Third Brake Light

Looking into doing a full led switch for my taillights and the third brake light. Im really interested in something like recon has come out with for the super duties.. has anyone seen something like this for any 15+ silverado's!?

https://www.gorecon.com/product.php?pk=816&qqqqq=35&pname=Part-264116BKHP-SMOKED-Ford-Superduty-99-16-LED-3rd-Brake-Light

whoh... that's cool!!

i'm sure it's just a matter of time until they come out with ones for chevy/gmc's

have you contacted recon and asked them?

i know i contacted a manufacturer in the past about a part they made for a different year of truck than mine and it was a few months later they contacted me to inform me that they now offered what i wanted.

soooo... last night after i posted my above reply i i decided to email recon

i heard back from them this morning......

Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 6:11 AM
Subject: RE: 3rd brake light

Chris,

We are planning on the HP brake light for the newest generation GM trucks. We are going to have them available this fall!

Best regards,

Ryan B

RECON Truck Accessories

6200 N Hiatus Rd

Tamarac, FL 33321

P: (561) 771-1188

F: (561) 892-4680

i sooooooooooo know what i'm asking for for Christmas!!! :drool:

I think the difference is the LED's that are used. The ford part has Hi-Power XML LED's

So their email reply says they are planning on HP brake light. HP stands for Hi-Power? Just my guess....

no - that is totally different.....

original post was looking for a chev/gmc version of this....

product_photo-large_image-2706_zpsn7v5xz

and your post was just a normal LED 3rd brake light...

product_photo-large_image-2324_zpssxhd3r

• Like 1

Looking into doing a full led switch for my taillights and the third brake light. Im really interested in something like recon has come out with for the super duties.. has anyone seen something like this for any 15+ silverado's!?

https://www.gorecon.com/product.php?pk=816&qqqqq=35&pname=Part-264116BKHP-SMOKED-Ford-Superduty-99-16-LED-3rd-Brake-Light

Thanks to both of you for doing the discovery / legwork on this! I'll also be picking one up when they come out.

By the way, here's an installed photo:

re1220__5.jpg

I wonder if this style is indicative that some new tail lights will be coming out as well? If so, hopefully something that doesn't look like just standard bulbs in a dark housing. I really like my 2016 SLT tail lights in that they aren't just a standard "bulb".

Edited by bgweed
  • Like 1

Thanks to both of you for doing the discovery / legwork on this! I'll also be picking one up when they come out.

By the way, here's an installed photo:

re1220__5.jpg

I wonder if this style is indicative that some new tail lights will be coming out as well? If so, hopefully something that doesn't look like just standard bulbs in a dark housing. I really like my 2016 SLT tail lights in that they aren't just a standard "bulb".

Sure would look nice with some 2016 LTZ taillights too...definitely interested in this and a tailgate LED bar.

• Like 1

Awesome news. Yeah these lights are bad ass i was just hoping they were already available! But at least they are coming.. and hopefully soon!!

Sure would look nice with some 2016 LTZ taillights too...definitely interested in this and a tailgate LED bar.

Thats what I'm thinking. Im going to put the winjet led tails in and these would look awesome with them i think!

• 3 months later...

By chance is there any update on this? Came across this thread when shopping for a 3rd brake light and wow that Recon one is SHARP!! I don't see it on the site so I'm assuming they still have not made it....Come on give the people what they want!! lol

from a couple weeks back...

Sent: Friday, December 09, 2016 7:24 AM

Have not heard of an update as of yet, but as soon as I do you will be the first person I contact!

Ryan B

RECON Truck Accessories

6200 N Hiatus Rd

Tamarac, FL 33321

P: (561) 771-1188

F: (561) 892-4680

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 1:33 PM
To: [email protected]

hey Ryan

just following up on the 3rd brake light for the new style chevy/gmc trucks

I still haven’t seen anything on the recon webpage yet

chris