Towing questions

Waaazooo

Yeah, it does come down to what one is doing. I don't tow frequently either, but I do haul heavy a lot. Five 55 gallon drums of oil do not do well in a 1500. Nor does a ton of material. The nice thing is that when I tow a 12K dump trailer, I still have almost 1000 lb of payload capacity in the pickup. The 1500's have indeed come a long way, but to get anything that will do some serious work, that takes a 6.2L. I really like having flex fuel capability in my 2500. No desire to live on the higher end priced gasoline that is recommended for the 6.2L. Sure, one can put lower octane in the tank, but the ECM dials back the power accordingly. Kinda defeats the purpose.

I am not sure I would even get a Dmax if money was no object. My pickup is not a daily driver. It can sit for 2-3 weeks at a time between uses occasionally. I only racked up about 2000 miles on mine since I changed oil in July. I fiddle with diesel engines all week long in my other stuff. I really don't want it in my pickup. Only if it was absolutely essential. With what they are doing to diesels nowadays, emissions wise, I have almost grown to loath diesel. Trouble is, I need diesel engines for business so I am stuck with them for now. Boy, I hope the Nicola electric class 8 truck becomes a major reality and is cost effective. Looks promising.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived