Window Visors?

Who uses them? I bought me a set of 4 for my Sierra(the adhesive kind). Just haven't installed them, it's 19 degrees in Virginia lol. Salesman said it needed to be warmer? Oh well. I heard they were better than the in-channel kind, but I'm not sure. Cant wait to use them, though!

I had the stick on kind on my '98 and they came unglued over time. It got to the point where they would flap and hit the door while on the interstate so I took them off. I put in-channels on my '14 and didn't use any adhesive so nothing to clean if you wanted to remove them. I prefer the in-channels, as long as installed right you shouldn't have any problems. I had AVS on my '98 and Weathertech on the '14.

I have the clip in weathertech ones and have only had the automatic roll up act up once with them. I've had them since the truck was new, much better than the stick on one's IMO

Where at in VA are you?

Did you try to index the front window? I did with mine and I haven't had an issue with the auto up since.

Did you try to index the front window? I did with mine and I haven't had an issue with the auto up since.

It just happened to me once this was a few months back. Never had an issue before or after that so haven't worried about it.

What do you mean by indexing the front window?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It just happened to me once this was a few months back. Never had an issue before or after that so haven't worried about it.

What do you mean by indexing the front window?

Not sure what he means exactly, but I do remember when I was installing the in-channel Weathertechs the directions said once you install the fronts you move the window all the way up and down a few times and then leave the windows up for a full day. I did exactly that and never had a problem with auto up or anything.

Not sure what he means exactly, but I do remember when I was installing the in-channel Weathertechs the directions said once you install the fronts you move the window all the way up and down a few times and then leave the windows up for a full day. I did exactly that and never had a problem with auto up or anything.

Must have missed that part lol

You roll the window down and keep holding the switch down for 3 secs. Roll up and continue to hold up for 3 seconds. Release and then Hold up for another 3-5 seconds.

The key is holding the switch up for the second time. It indexes the window position to compensate for the added obstruction from the in channel rain guards.

I had the stick on kind on my '98 and they came unglued over time. It got to the point where they would flap and hit the door while on the interstate so I took them off. I put in-channels on my '14 and didn't use any adhesive so nothing to clean if you wanted to remove them. I prefer the in-channels, as long as installed right you shouldn't have any problems. I had AVS on my '98 and Weathertech on the '14.

I've had the stick on type in every vehicle I've owned, never had one come loose; and some of those trucks had 300k+ miles.

It's all about prep and putting them on warm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've had the stick on type in every vehicle I've owned, never had one come loose; and some of those trucks had 300k+ miles.

It's all about prep and putting them on warm...

I agree, but how old were they when you got rid of them? My '98 was 6 years old when I got it and they were on there. They stayed on there for another roughly 8 years before the driver side started to fall off. so say about 13-14 years of being on the truck and being in the sun. I still prefer in-channels as long as they don't use any adhesive or tape. Looks cleaner, does the job just as well and easy to remove if you need to without dealing with adhesive on the truck.

Do the in channels cause any wind noise inside the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience they don't, but the profile of the visor itself plays a pretty big role in that also...

Archived