Audio upgrade options

I had a system (amp,Subwoofer) installed in my 2016 Silverado LT Double Cab in September of 2016. I kept the factory stereo and had it installed by a guy that's certified in audio installation. Up until 3 weeks ago I had no issues with the vehicle/battery. I tried to turn on my vehicle with the remote start and it wouldn't turn on, I went outside tried to turn it on manually and it didn't turn on. Luckily I have a battery booster pack and I was able to get to work on time. A couple of days later I had the same issue in the morning. So after that I decided to take out the fuse on the amplifier and I went 2 weeks without any battery issues. Yesterday I decided to install the fuse so I could listen to some tunes and by the end of my shift the battery was dead. I know that the remote wire is plugged into the Radio fuse in the dash and I want to know if that is the reason my battery is draining, also if that is the reason why did it take almost 5 months to cause this issue? anybody else having this same issue? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Common issue with the truck. Took mine in a couple weeks ago for the same issue. It's happening to people without systems installed so it's not just you, it's the battery they are using. It's covered under warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I like the custom tweeter mounts, do they allow you to mount the tweets off axis? I ask because I have installed some HERTZ HSK's using the stock location and they sound horrible, I have to have the balance 3/4 to the right or the passenger speaker is mute. I would like to mount them off axis however I have yet to find a good mount / bracket

I like the custom tweeter mounts, do they allow you to mount the tweets off axis? I ask because I have installed some HERTZ HSK's using the stock location and they sound horrible, I have to have the balance 3/4 to the right or the passenger speaker is mute. I would like to mount them off axis however I have yet to find a good mount / bracket

Those things are beautiful. I tried countless calls and emails to Alpine but customer service would always refer me to parts and parts would never email me back so I don't think they're selling it standalone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very easy to make tweeter mounts for stock location using the factory speakers. Factory dash speaker has plastic frame. Just cut the cone away webbing away leaving the flat frame. I cut a lite weight metal washer from sheet metal to use as a spacer when I tried a set of Alpine tweeters in the dash. As has been reported on here prior, having just a tweeter at the dash, cut off it soo high, mids get lost. Seems you need to be somewhere about 500hz and up at the dash location.

• 11 months later...

I may end up buying the Alpine SPT-31GM kit for my regular cab just for the 3 way fronts and tweeter mounts.  It's expensive at $1000 but I think it may be worth it for a clean install.  

• 4 months later...
On 1/21/2018 at 8:14 AM, qwank said:

I may end up buying the Alpine SPT-31GM kit for my regular cab just for the 3 way fronts and tweeter mounts.  It's expensive at $1000 but I think it may be worth it for a clean install.  

Did you end up doing this?

9 hours ago, Kevin King said:

Did you end up doing this?

for the most part.  I found the 8'' midbass speakers and 3'' mids with crossovers for both on ebay for a really good price.  I used some regular S series tweeters with them since the specs are pretty close.  I'm only running them off of the stock head unit with the passive crossovers they came with and they sound ok. not a lot of bass. I feel the 8'' need way more power to really shine.  I'm planning on a DSP with active crossovers soon, it should really wake them up.  alpinetruck1.thumb.jpg.d0bc806daa9b99eff8fc57d92c5debfe.jpg

alpinetruck2.thumb.jpg.0530e346b5ed0077261c0714e823c019.jpg

alpinetruck5.thumb.jpg.d5522c5ef000e752f89d3714118ee30f.jpg

alpinetruck4.thumb.jpg.e7e40416e6ffd995d3bb31370fd4344e.jpg

alpinetruck3.thumb.jpg.d9d2bdd90615107895855cc357fc9ce3.jpg

I'm starting to dig into this more and more. I'm pretty sure there is a tear or something in one of my speakers as when it gets loud enough there is distortion from the drivers side front speaker that wasn't there before.

Really like the Alpine setup as it seems an easy plug and play option, and frankly I have a hard time trusting audio installers as I've seen and heard of a lot of horror stories and I don't have the knowledge to vet places.

I understand this alpine kit is expensive, but I'm curious to know what a comparable kit would cost, how much would I save with a diy kit or visiting a quality installer?

Also, for anyone that has heard the alpine system how does it sound? My music tastes vary from heavy metal to jazz so curious to know how this system handles any of that for anyone with the experience.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Budtn15 said:

Anyone know if you can buy the processor for the kicker system standalone I don’t wanna use the sub but need more from the door speakers I’ll be adding my own sub and am 

I haven't seen it anywhere yet 

• 3 years later...

I wanted to bump this back up, been several years since anyone posted on this topic.  I have a 2015 Silverado High Country.  I have been looking at the Upgraded 2.5HMI, Radio and Denali Cluster from white media, that all together is around $1400.  It will gret me the android/carplay with all the factory integration.  Before pulling the trigger this time I thought I might see what people have and recommend, if I spend this much on the factory upgrades I might as well give consideration to just junking the BOSE.  If I have read everything and understand it, since I do have the BOSE, I would need to replace the Headunit, bypass the amp and install a new one and upgrade the speakers/sub.