6.2 owners that have added aftermarket subs and disabled ANC...

I've read through a ton of pages on here and different forums looking for a way to retain the ANC. Has anyone come up with a way to do it? I know you can disconnect the rear mics or cut the Purple/Blue wire to disable it, but I did see a post from..

@jdthomas24 : Several ways to feed the rcas. One you can use the output for the Bose sub on a powered RCA converter. You can also use a direct off the rear speaker wires. One thing is that most are mono amps for the subs. The Bose noise cancellation can affect the sound if you try and use both rear speaker wires for RCA taps. It reverses the phases on one speaker and causing the amp to be out of phase and kills the sound output. Use just one side and double tap into for rcas. This will repair that issue.

Has anyone done this and did it work? I know I can easily just cut the wire and be done with it but I would like to keep it if possible. Plus I wont have my subs on when my 9 month old is in the truck with me. I could cut the wire and add a toggle switch in to activate it when I want, but that just seems like a pain.

I've read through a ton of pages on here and different forums looking for a way to retain the ANC. Has anyone come up with a way to do it? I know you can disconnect the rear mics or cut the Purple/Blue wire to disable it, but I did see a post from..

@jdthomas24 : Several ways to feed the rcas. One you can use the output for the Bose sub on a powered RCA converter. You can also use a direct off the rear speaker wires. One thing is that most are mono amps for the subs. The Bose noise cancellation can affect the sound if you try and use both rear speaker wires for RCA taps. It reverses the phases on one speaker and causing the amp to be out of phase and kills the sound output. Use just one side and double tap into for rcas. This will repair that issue.

Has anyone done this and did it work? I know I can easily just cut the wire and be done with it but I would like to keep it if possible. Plus I wont have my subs on when my 9 month old is in the truck with me. I could cut the wire and add a toggle switch in to activate it when I want, but that just seems like a pain.

I believe mine uses the Bose sub connection setup you mentioned but ANC went crazy in that setup as well. I ended up cutting the blue/purple wire to cancel it. Audio shop could not figure out a way around it either... On the positive side I have not even noticed that I cut it. Along with the fact I did a muffler delete that change the exhaust sound in a much better way as well.

My ANC would not have the cancelling issues when I turned my bass knob to the lowest settings (no added/new sub noise) that ran to the Audio Control LC2i pre amp converter. If I remember correctly you can not run a normal RCA converter like the PAC brand off the sub or rear speakers due to the setup of the system hence why I had to use the LC2i. It worked different than my 08 SD with Bose. If you could find the blue/purple wire in the front dash area you could add a toggle and use a bass control knob with LC2i so when you have your child you could have ANC on and turn off the new sub bass with bass knob.. Then when wanting to jam you toggle ANC off and turn the bass knob up to you desired levels.. I left the Bose sub active as well... Just one option that could provide you an option.

Good luck.. I will be looking to see if someone found a work around.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

Archived