Stock Flashing 3rd Break Light?

Confirmed dealer add on. One of these weekends I'll have to pull that out. Not a fan of the pulsing 3rd brake light, even if it may provide a minor advanced warning to cars behind me.

Thanks everyone!

if you yank it out shoot me a pm with a price. Please note which wires it was hooked to.

If I lived in a metro area I would probably have a different opinion. But, in middle TN there isn't enough traffic for the potential safety benefit to override the fact I don't like the look of it.

I agree that on a motorcycle it is a different story. My R1 has a similar feature.

If I get around to pulling it out I will be sure to PM you.

I couldn't care less if it annoy someone behind me, honestly the a##hole in me smiles thinking about it doing so. I care more about getting that stupid moron off their phone long enough to not rear end me. Won't cause damage to me, but waiting around 2-5 hours for FHP to show up just so you can get the traffic accident report and go home is quite a PITA though. I toy with the idea of adding this to my truck, didn't know it was an added feature, thought it was computer controlled. I know a few of the loaners the dealer has given me has had a sticker saying something about the vehicle having this feature but those were tiny car like things.

*edit*

I think some of our UPS package cars have this "feature" too.

• 2 months later...

Confirmed dealer add on. One of these weekends I'll have to pull that out. Not a fan of the pulsing 3rd brake light, even if it may provide a minor advanced warning to cars behind me.

Thanks everyone!

Sounds like something the dealer did and charged you for. Did you notice it on the paperwork?

Archived