I put my card down on my first "black" shotgun today. It's a Beretta 1301 Comp 21". I've been planning to take a self defense shotgun class and while the safe is overflowing with shotguns, none are suitable for the class, mainly because they're either a fine side by side, o/u, or collectible, too pretty or too expensive or some other excuse...bottom line, I needed another shotgun. I've also given some consideration to shooting some 3 gun.

I should have it out of impound in a couple weeks. It is my 3rd Beretta gas auto over the years. All have been great guns...

I have a Beretta 1301 Comp 24" that I 3 gun with. It's a great gun. Reliable and accurate. I bought some knurled extended chokes, added a stock adjuster, and with the Nordic extended mag tube it has a 10+1 capacity. I store it loaded with 00 buck and a light on it in the first long gun position in my safe. You're going to be really happy you got one!

I have a Beretta 1301 Comp 24" that I 3 gun with. It's a great gun. Reliable and accurate. I bought some knurled extended chokes, added a stock adjuster, and with the Nordic extended mag tube it has a 10+1 capacity. I store it loaded with 00 buck and a light on it in the first long gun position in my safe. You're going to be really happy you got one!

I hope so. I've had other Berettas, o/u's and gas autos. My last was a 20ga 391 Technys Gold Sporting. It was a great shooter, but I couldn't stand the nickel receiver with the blue teardrop thingy. Sold it. Shoulda just black Cerokoted the receiver.

Any mods I need to do besides the Nordic mag extension?

• 1 month later...

After putting a couple hundred rounds thru this gun, I'd say it's reliable and soft shooting. Probably the softest shooting gas 12 ga I've shot. Also, the fastest cycling auto I've shot. Easy to shoot multiple shots at a bouncing clay "rabbit" in sporting clays.

The molded "checkering" on the stock was way too sharp to shoot without gloves. I took some 320 wet or dry paper to it.

I put a Nordic magazine extension on it to bring it to 8+1. For 3gun I guess more is better. But this capacity has the mag tube about even with the muzzle and suits my home defense role. I'll get a longer tube if I shoot 3gun.

Archived