Rigid Midnight edition D Series Legal?

I recently bought four of the midnight edition rigid D-Series spot optic lights and mounting brackets to replace the fog lights on my 2015 Silverado 1500 (2 for each side). I probably should have checked before hand but now I'm wondering if anyone else is running these for fog lights and if they are legal?

For those who are running them, I know I will have to do some minor alterations to the factory fog light housing to get them to fit but I was wondering if I can plug and play these to the current factory fog light switch?

I'm not too experienced in this department so any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought four of the midnight edition rigid D-Series spot optic lights and mounting brackets to replace the fog lights on my 2015 Silverado 1500 (2 for each side). I probably should have checked before hand but now I'm wondering if anyone else is running these for fog lights and if they are legal?

For those who are running them, I know I will have to do some minor alterations to the factory fog light housing to get them to fit but I was wondering if I can plug and play these to the current factory fog light switch?

I'm not too experienced in this department so any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

Legal? Yeah. Bright? Extremely. I only use mine with my high beams when no one else is around. However. I've run with them on on coming traffic. Including the police. It's bout half and half some people flash me some don't. As a courtesy though I run only with high beams. Though I only have one set of them in mine. So 2 sets I can imagine would be hellaciously bright.

As far as wiring them into the factory fog wiring yes you can. Current draw it works with two pods. 4 pods Idk. I'd assume it would though. I've ran much heavier things on less. Guilty. Lol.

• Like 1

No, not legal as they are "for off road use only" and not dot approved. Also they will not be functional as fog lights, more so driving lights that will most likely blind other drivers.

Edited by audioworks04
  • Like 1

No, not legal as they are "for off road use only" and not dot approved. Also they will not be functional as fog lights, more so driving lights that will most likely blind other drivers.

Ooh. Nice. I reread his post. Didnt notice the spot optic version of the pods. Guess I get that for reading super late. Lol.

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2017 at 10:21 PM, Codey Dowling said:

Did you ever get these installed?

Did you get 4 brackets for the 4 lights?

How did the install go?

Did you ever get these installed?
Did you get 4 brackets for the 4 lights?
How did the install go?

I actually ended up switching out one set of the spot lights for rigid fog lights. I ended up wiring the fog lights direct to my factory fog light switch and then ran a separate auxiliary rocker switch for the spot lights. The rigid brackets that I got allow you to mount both lights on a single bracket but the biggest issue I had was the factory housing is too small for both lights so there was a substantial amount of shaving that had to be done to the inside of the housing. It honestly took me a few days to get everything right and situated properly, but I’m definitely happy with the result.da363249bacf1bf550bfe8e51f292548.jpg
0ae2e6a7c480720d4621fb676d622d38.jpg
Fog Lights
89d4a44434b475e7a02388b25ee9e781.jpg
Spot Lights
67554326cb66eaf885fe865b1d4d0a19.heic
Custom rocker panel
6e16a757404a34ce9a2e895634295805.heic

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Codey Dowling said:

I actually ended up switching out one set of the spot lights for rigid fog lights. I ended up wiring the fog lights direct to my factory fog light switch and then ran a separate auxiliary rocker switch for the spot lights. The rigid brackets that I got allow you to mount both lights on a single bracket but the biggest issue I had was the factory housing is too small for both lights so there was a substantial amount of shaving that had to be done to the inside of the housing. It honestly took me a few days to get everything right and situated properly, but I’m definitely happy with the result.da363249bacf1bf550bfe8e51f292548.jpg
0ae2e6a7c480720d4621fb676d622d38.jpg
Fog Lights
89d4a44434b475e7a02388b25ee9e781.jpg
Spot Lights
67554326cb66eaf885fe865b1d4d0a19.heic
Custom rocker panel
6e16a757404a34ce9a2e895634295805.heic

Look's Good -  I think would do White (driving), & Amber (fog). 2 switches

Thanks for the reply. Nice installation. 

Spot/fog is why I dredged this thread. I'm thinking I was going to plug the fogs into the fog harness and use a relay off the high beams to trigger the spots. 

I guess with the diode mod I could have all four pods on with the highs. I'll prolly use a double throw switch so that I can switch  the spots  off-on-relay. 

I was thinking that the spots would go  inside  & fogs on the outside to get the extra 3" of light to the sides. Prolly with that much light, it doesn't really matter. 

Okay dokey. Bracket, lights and one end of the adapter cable is here. Read thru the destructions a couple times. I'm thinking I'm going to ditch the inner pieces and just leave it open around the lights. 

It's  my company truck and if I get another one I can put the buckets & lights back in pretty quickly.