Dee Zee Truck Bed Rack Review and Install!

Had the the pleasure of installing and reviewing DeeZee's newly redesigned aluminum truck rack. Certainly one of the better looking truck racks on the market in my opinion. The front (headache) rack is part number DZ95050RTB and the rear is DZ95054RTB. Once installed it gives you the needed clearance to haul lumber, canoes/kayaks, or ladders. I think it's about 1.5"-2" above the roof top. Together they can hold up to 500#.

Pros: Durable finish, lifetime warranty, uses your stake holes to mount (for the most part), extremely lightweight, easy install, looks/functions awesome, seemingly unlimited tie down options, doubles as a really nice light bar mounting option since you can run wires through the main tubes.

Cons: bye bye tonneau cover! slight hit to my mileage 1-2 mpg, requires a hole be drilled on the inner side of the truck bed side wall (barely noticeable), not steel (be careful how much you stack up top).

Overall its a nice product and install could not have been easier. As I mentioned above, I did see a hit to my mileage on the expressway but that's too be expected when you go the route of adding any sort of ladder rack. I am not sure there are any tonneau covers on the market that will fit with this set up so keep that in mind. Certainly worth it, can't wait for canoe season!

On my GMC and I believe for most Chevy's to, I had to cut the front stake hole pocket caps out. Took 2 minutes with my multimax tool. The rear rack had no issues mounting in the larger hand hole stake hole pockets.

Here's my unbox, install, and review!

Some pictures of the truck post installation below, bonus toddler test.

815661eb9aa114119f8daebbabf87e2f.jpg

364ef9c3b565210f7838a0f5ff615ca7.jpg

Note: My kid doesn't eat mud, that's chocolate on his face...

3386949c2df383b3bc48483434a4fefc.jpg

Any questions about the racks let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived