iPhone auto plays music on start

My iPhone will start playing music when I start my truck. A random selection out of my music library on the phone. I like being able to play the music on my phone but prefer to choose when.

Any ideas on how to stop this? I read on another forum that turning off cellular data for "music" will stop it, haven't tested it yet.

Thanks

• Like 1

Check for a setting in the truck to disable AutoPlay. I'm guessing that your issue is because you have the newer infotainment unit that supports Apple CarPlay and that's the crux of the issue.

Are you plugging your phone in to a USB port when you get into the truck? And are you doing this instead of using Bluetooth?

I've looked but haven't found a way in the truck or phone to disable autoplay. I'm using Bluetooth to connect the phone and yes it is a '17 and has Apple CarPlay.

I've looked but haven't found a way in the truck or phone to disable autoplay. I'm using Bluetooth to connect the phone and yes it is a '17 and has Apple CarPlay.

Are you plugging the phone in as well? And, if so, is it plugged into a USB port in the truck?

I've done that, closed all apps before connecting. I've found that if I switch the truck to radio then it won't start playing the phone music but it does still open the music app.

• 2 years later...

+1 with this. It drives me crazy when I turn on my truck and it automatically plays music through Bluetooth. It’s so random what it picks to play. Sometimes my amazon music, other times my iTunes. Meanwhile, I was close my apps and make sure it’s on fm before I shut my truck off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk