Keyless Entry Keypad

Has anyone installed the optional keyless entry keypad? I've always thought it was a great option on the Fords that allowed you to lock your keys in your vehicle, great for outdoor activities where you might lose your key. It was in the GM Yukon accessory catalog but as near as I can tell however, on my 2017 Yukon this is no way to lock a key fob inside the vehicle. Curious if anyone knew of a way to lock the fob in the vehicle and use this keypad for access.

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-module-asm-keyless-entry-cont-install-23473339.html

Edited by ga1990

• 10 months later...

I too love the keypad on my 06 Ford F150.  I just bought a 2018 Serria 1500 and the keypad. Unlike the Fords integrated pad into the handle, the GM add on keypad does stick out when mounted above the handle.  But for me, I like the convenience of not carrying a set of keys.  To each his own, right. I'll try it and if I don't like it, off it comes.

The pad was mounted yesterday and requires the dealer to do it.  The dealer has to call into GM for some code to initially program the keypad with the vehicle. There is a mfgs master access code but you're able to add and change a personal code. The normal charge is 0.3 hrs but my dealer waved it.

Hope this helps somebody.

As a follow up, I put the keypad on my 2017 Yukon and you CAN lock the key fob inside the car now using the keypad.  Even though it is the proximity style key fob, once you lock it in the car with the keypad you cannot open the doors by pressing the button on the handle outside (even though the fob is nearby inside the car).  It does exactly what I was hoping it would do and is great for when we go camping, boating, etc and don't want to have to worry about losing the key.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 1:26 PM, ga1990 said:

As a follow up, I put the keypad on my 2017 Yukon and you CAN lock the key fob inside the car now using the keypad.  Even though it is the proximity style key fob, once you lock it in the car with the keypad you cannot open the doors by pressing the button on the handle outside (even though the fob is nearby inside the car).  It does exactly what I was hoping it would do and is great for when we go camping, boating, etc and don't want to have to worry about losing the key.

Can you take a picture of where you mounted it? Interested in what it looks like.  

The dealer installed it and I asked them to program it but not mount it so I could play with the location, however when I picked it up they had stuck it there.  I complained and they told me it had to be mounted in that vicinity to work, however I think they were full of it because I've seen pictures of them mounted elsewhere.  I thought it really stood out at first but now that I'm use to it, it doesn't bother me at all and I'm glad it's there for convenience.  

20180630_182133.jpg

20180630_182152.jpg

The dealer installed it and I asked them to program it but not mount it so I could play with the location, however when I picked it up they had stuck it there.  I complained and they told me it had to be mounted in that vicinity to work, however I think they were full of it because I've seen pictures of them mounted elsewhere.  I thought it really stood out at first but now that I'm use to it, it doesn't bother me at all and I'm glad it's there for convenience.  
20180630_182133.thumb.jpg.a631f9a59435fff750907a3b16e52873.jpg
20180630_182152.thumb.jpg.1f4dae74dd81f3974fd7482dd871762f.jpg

You already have a keyless entry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You already have a keyless entry!

Walk up to your truck, press the silver button on the handle, it’ll open, press it again it’ll open all doors. Close door and then press should lock it

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

Walk up to your truck, press the silver button on the handle, it’ll open, press it again it’ll open all doors. Close door and then press should lock it

Haha...thanks, never noticed that button!  Kidding...you can press the silver button IF you have the key fob in your pocket.  The whole point of my install (also explained at the beginning of this post) is that now I can lock the key fob in the car (the silver button will not work with the key fob locked in the car).  This is helpful if I'm camping, boating or doing some other activity where I don't want to worry about losing the key fob.

• Like 1

Haha...thanks, never noticed that button!  Kidding...you can press the silver button IF you have the key fob in your pocket.  The whole point of my install (also explained at the beginning of this post) is that now I can lock the key fob in the car (the silver button will not work with the key fob locked in the car).  This is helpful if I'm camping, boating or doing some other activity where I don't want to worry about losing the key fob.

Use your GM app

10 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Use your GM app

Ok, let me rephrase, this is helpful if I'm camping, boating or doing some other activity where I don't want to worry about losing the key fob OR Cell phone.  Plus when I'm camping I don't usually have cell service.  

Ok, let me rephrase, this is helpful if I'm camping, boating or doing some other activity where I don't want to worry about losing the key fob OR Cell phone.  Plus when I'm camping I don't usually have cell service.  

Well then, enjoy your stick on gadget and hope it works out for you. My experience boating and water skiing, camping, fishing, mountain biking, snow skiing, always had a smile on my face knowing my keys were with me heading back to my rig. Pretty Yukon.

I have one and mounted it inside the fuel door. I like it better there out of site

Sent via Morse code

That’s funny considering it’s expected for drivers to not be using their cell phone while filling up and yet you have made in China radio frequency admitting device pressed right up to your fuel insert! lmao!

That’s funny considering it’s expected for drivers to not be using their cell phone while filling up and yet you have made in China radio frequency admitting device pressed right up to your fuel insert! lmao!

When you put it that way it seems reasonable to consider that thought. It will sound bad but I never cut my vehicles off while fueling and talk on the cell phone quite often whilst filling the tank. I'm not saying it's a great idea but if a keyless entry blows me up I'll be surprised! Haha nice one though

Sent via Morse code

What gets me is why doesn't GM just add this to the vehicle so it is integrated with the build?  As for cost, what is the point, vehicles are overpriced now anyway.  Plus it is a nice feature that I would use as well.  Going to the beach and locking everything in the vehicle would be great.  My daughter already lost her keys on the beach, what a mess that was. 

As for the App, yeah it works, if you want to sit there and wait the minute or two for it to work and like stated above, not everyone takes their cell phone with them.  Give us the option to have this keypad.  Some of Fords key pads are so inconspicuous that you don't know the pad is there until you pull the handle and it lights up.  Nice touch if you as me. 

Just saying, it would be another nice option to have and could pull customers away from Ford because I bet there are those that buy Ford for this feature.  Not many but, hey one  or two customers could make a difference.  You never know.

• Like 1