what do you mean by the "big lightbars"?

Do you want LED strobes? Do you want a magnet mount or permanent drilled mount on your roof? If i wanted one permanently installed, i would go find a store that sells and installs them. The place that mounted my plow also sells auxiliary lighting.

Since you asked, I use a magnetic strobe from Northern Tool for 19.99. I like it because I only use it a couple months a year, then I remove it. I wired a trailer harness to the pigtail that I can plug into my trailer connector so the strobe comes on when the headlights are on. This way I avoid having any wire penetrations into the cab. It's actually on my truck in the photo in my avatar. You can see how small it really is.

post-172242-0-21182000-1501770076_thumb.jpg

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200617141_200617141?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Automotive%20%3E%20Emergency%20%2B%20Vehicle%20Lighting%20%3E%20Beacons&utm_campaign=Ironton&utm_content=40499&gclid=CjwKCAjwk4vMBRAgEiwA4ftLs3wccQyId493oG_2vVk2xgBj4dtKrrPh9RMPjyED9otele-mwLpvkRoCnwwQAvD_BwE

This looks pretty cool. Little pricey though:

Are you just trying to get some warning light that is visible in the rear while you're plowing? Give us a little more info on what you want to do and we may have some better ideas without drilling holes in your roof. I've installed emergency lights in quite a few vehicles and they will light up the world without drilling holes in the roof of your truck.

• 3 weeks later...

That's cool, is that available for a 2015 GMC Sierra? What's the cost on something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I believe it is available for a 2015. I think most places are around $150 for the module. ultrabrightlightz.com has them for 150 + shipping.

http://speedturtleengineering.com/ gives the list of compatible vehicles.

So, this literally plugs into what, the OBDII port and you can "magically" have custom light patterns with the OEM bulbs in the headlights, turn signals, etc?

I've never seen this.

So, this literally plugs into what, the OBDII port and you can "magically" have custom light patterns with the OEM bulbs in the headlights, turn signals, etc?

I've never seen this.

Yes that's the idea. Now keep in mind that it will only operate as the truck is wired. You may or may not be able to get individual lights to flash independently of each other but it will control individual light circuits.

Hmmmm ok. Seems a lot cheaper than putting in aftermarket strobes and auxiliary lighting for that POW! But as you said, I guess it depends how the tricks are wired. I mean, the only example I find is that Silverado which looks pretty cool. I'd wonder if the same or similar effect would be on the GMC as they are the same truck.

Wow, that is cool. I may have something to put on my X-mas list.

This video shows all the front flash patters on a 2015:

It sounds like this can be wired to turn on with a double tap of the bed light switch, OR the push botton you adhere to the dash.

Hmmmm ok. Seems a lot cheaper than putting in aftermarket strobes and auxiliary lighting for that POW! But as you said, I guess it depends how the tricks are wired. I mean, the only example I find is that Silverado which looks pretty cool. I'd wonder if the same or similar effect would be on the GMC as they are the same truck.

Yes they would be similar. You should be able to wig-wag the turn signal lamps and the head lights I believe but everything else would just all flash at the same time (i.e. fog lights, third brake light, cargo lights, side markers, reverse lights, and things like that)

More flash patterns may get added later on as the module can be updated.

update on the speed turtle 2.0:

I contacted the manufacturer to find out how this thing works with my plow lights hooked up.

Obviously when plowing in the dark I want my headlights on, not strobing. If I find out any good info I'll follow up here.

update on the speed turtle 2.0:

I contacted the manufacturer to find out how this thing works with my plow lights hooked up.

Obviously when plowing in the dark I want my headlights on, not strobing. If I find out any good info I'll follow up here.

i have this on my truck now when your headlights are off during the day they will flash but the moment you turn your headlights on they stay illuminated and any other lights that are set to flash will continue

you can also chose from 10 flash patterns and from those 10 patterns what exact lights flash it’s pretty cool allows you do customize each flash pattern

Archived