Anybody else have an E-assist hybrid?

Picked up a 2017 Summit White Crew Cab LT with the 5.3 and E-assist. Nice having the extra ton of tow capacity and seeing around 22 MPG in mixed city/highway driving. I believe it is only available in California, Oregon and Washington.

It has some quirks with auto-shutoff at stop lights and the batteries on the floor under the rear seats.

Having difficulty to find any storage that will fit under the rear seats. Anybody find storage that works? At the lowest it is down to about 5".

Welcome to this forum! I am interested in hearing more about your experiences with your new truck. I came very close to buying a hybrid Sierra 1500 in 2009. I think this is a great power option for the type of driving I do but is no longer available where I live. I have a locking aluminum box in the back of my truck to keep all of the "stuff" I want in my truck for emergencies or occasional usage. I like to keep my back seat area clear of junk. There is plenty of storage up front for the items I need to keep close at hand!

• Like 1

Awesome! THis is something I tried to buy but was given the runaround and no deal to get it?

I fully expect GM to continue this and add dynamic fuel management with improved batteries and hardware etc. I am looking for the 5.3L to be bumped up on HP/Torque added 10spd and dynamic fuel management system and putting the MPG's numbers something like 20 city 26hwy.

I like this over ECOBOOSTS any day!

The hybrid trucks are mostly for city driving fyi.

There sole purpose is to basically regenerative braking, to capture all that energy we use slowing down.

If you're cruising down the highway, I doubt there would be much of a difference in fuel consumption.

The hybrid trucks are mostly for city driving fyi.

There sole purpose is to basically regenerative braking, to capture all that energy we use slowing down.

If you're cruising down the highway, I doubt there would be much of a difference in fuel consumption.

Yes, they were originally pitched that way for city/haulers etc. Yet they net 2mpgs better on Hwy?

The system was intended for validation and technology before they up their game on next gen....I can guarantee you GM wants the coveted MPG crown for half-tons and using a V8 gasser over the ecoboost is icing on the cake! Never mind diesels not talking about those........

Agreed, I see the most benefit driving in the city but there is a little benefit on the highway., Only have 250 miles on it so far so we'll see how the MPG numbers hold up in the longer term.

I have a 2016 LT e-assist 5.3 wth 8 speed transmission. 13000 miles and no complaints except for the bolt falling out of the brake caliper bracket on the front right wheel, damaging the rim. All remedied under warranty.

I installed the GM version of the rear underseat storage compartment last night. Fit perfectly and operates as designed. Although a little pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/Accessories-23183674-Underseat-Storage-Compartment/dp/B0199WFB3A

I'm not sure if the "hybrid" battery placement changed for the 2017 models. If I remember correctly, mine is located under the center seating position of the front seat. If GM did relocate it under the rear seat, that would present a challenge with storage options.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2016 LT e-assist 5.3 wth 8 speed transmission. 13000 miles and no complaints except for the bolt falling out of the brake caliper bracket on the front right wheel, damaging the rim. All remedied under warranty.

I installed the GM version of the rear underseat storage compartment last night. Fit perfectly and operates as designed. Although a little pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/Accessories-23183674-Underseat-Storage-Compartment/dp/B0199WFB3A

I'm not sure if the "hybrid" battery placement changed for the 2017 models. If I remember correctly, mine is located under the center seating position of the front seat. If GM did relocate it under the rear seat, that would present a challenge with storage options.

Reviving this topic. I've picked up a 2017 E-assist CCSB here in Texas. Texas Edition w/ 3.08 rear, 8-speed, 5.3L V8.

I was planning on transferring my AirRaid MIT tube, but come to find out the engine bays are different for the E-assists.

See pics below. Someone else chime in if you have some info. Looks like they relocated the radiator fluid to the front, revised the intake, and put the lithium battery beside the stock battery. The MIT tube hits the radiator fluid and doesn't have enough room to connect.

I'm told I can jump my stock battery with the lithium battery if my truck ever dies, pretty cool there. Hands down rides 10x smoother for some reason, the shifts are like butter compared to my old BBP tune.

Tires, wheels, tint, and clear bra for the hood/fenders come in on Thursday - exhaust will be installed back on next week. Fox 2.0s are back on with the BackFlip MX4. Kicker setup is back in as well.

Talk about a long weekend.

Edited by ChevyRoofer

Are you sure 8speed? I was under impression the 6speeds were for Eassist?

Yep, they definitely are the 8 speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I Like it much! I tried to get a 2016 to much of a hassle......What are your current MPG's

I hope they further the technology on the Next Gen

Thanks, I Like it much! I tried to get a 2016 to much of a hassle......What are your current MPG's

I hope they further the technology on the Next Gen

Averaging 21 around the city, haven't driven on the highway yet.

Picking up heavier tires tomorrow so that might change my MPG a little.

And I do too.

• Like 1