Anybody else have an E-assist hybrid?

i actually would like to see a 0-60 drag race between the new 6.2 and 5.3 with E assist.

Either way , I like seeing ingenuity from GM. Sick of Ford having all the fun

I wonder how much FERD is having when the backorder on the ECOBoosts are over a month? That is for replacement of Short or Long's? Sounds like they having a GOOD TIME!

i actually would like to see a 0-60 drag race between the new 6.2 and 5.3 with E assist.

Either way , I like seeing ingenuity from GM. Sick of Ford having all the fun

Its only 13hp, probably just about compensates for the weight of the system.

I only want it for the city mpg. My daily driving is mostly city.

Recapturing that all that energy that a 5500lb land monster has while braking would be awesome.

Its only 13hp, probably just about compensates for the weight of the system.

I only want it for the city mpg. My daily driving is mostly city.

Recapturing that all that energy that a 5500lb land monster has while braking would be awesome.

Yes - the regenerative braking is pretty badass. It has an eco-mode for the A/C as well (which I believe the lithium battery is used during this instead).

On the monitor display we have the option to show when it switches back and forth from engine to motor to both, to the regenerative braking to charge the lithium battery. I'll have to post a pic or a video.

I personally like the engine shut off @ stoplights/traffic slowdowns. Works pretty flawlessly thus far. Averaging 22 mpg @ 85 mph on the highway.

Can't wait for my 17x8.5 Method NV's & 33" KO2s tomorrow though. Will be an aggressive looking hybrid.

Would love to see this improved upon for Next Gen! 6.2L 480hp-500tq and 25 mpg's off da chain!

If this was with the 6.2 it would be crazy!! Even better would be the 2019+ getting a 10-spd transmission????

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 2017 e-assist. Pretty cool concept. Averaging about 21mpg. Does anyone have any issues with jerking from stop to moving?

Yes, transmission is a bit slow to engage here I believe.

I've got 33s on now and I'm averaging 17 in the city and 20 on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer, do you think it would have any adverse affects to our trucks later on? I wonder if its just an e-assist thing.

Yes, transmission is a bit slow to engage here I believe.

I've got 33s on now and I'm averaging 17 in the city and 20 on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the same clunks and jerks from the transmission. I am taking it into the dealer next week for an oil change and am going to have them look at it.

Let us know what they say. Thanks!!

Having the same clunks and jerks from the transmission. I am taking it into the dealer next week for an oil change and am going to have them look at it.

Got no where with the dealer. They said I need to drive the vehicle more so the transmissions learns not to clunk.

Quote from my service Report: "Customer States: Check transmission for jerking when starting to move from full stop and clunks when engaging into gear. CAUSE: Verified bump feeling. This concern is normal due to auto stop feature and the e-assist system. Rec customer drive vehicle more."

Got no where with the dealer. They said I need to drive the vehicle more so the transmissions learns not to clunk.

Quote from my service Report: "Customer States: Check transmission for jerking when starting to move from full stop and clunks when engaging into gear. CAUSE: Verified bump feeling. This concern is normal due to auto stop feature and the e-assist system. Rec customer drive vehicle more."

Sounds about Right! They are probably correct in telling you to go away after checking for any codes and not finding anything wrong.....These baby's take LONG TIME to Learn! I about drove head first into the overpass because of Rush-Hour traffic...than 1 day poof it's gone! Like it's a big mind ****?

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2017 at 11:57 AM, mammut said:

Reviving this thread,

Did you get this resolved?