Ltz led tail lights on lt truck question

So after doing some reading it looks like load resistors need to be installed to eliminate the crazy turn signal flashing and error on the dash. I'm wondering which wires in the harness need to be tapped with the load resistor?

You are better off spending the money on a harness from gen5diy. Makes it plug and play. No cutting or splicing needed. Makes for a lot cleaner install. Plus if you decide to trade in or go a different route with taillights you can go back to stock easily.

• Like 1

I have done this conversion on my 2016. (1) 3 Ohm resistor is needed per side since each side uses (2) turn Signal bulbs.

I have made this harness to make it PnP so that you don't splice into factory wiring.

9038571e3697c7e8f5933a1a06bc7ffb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It will work plugs in under bed behind the bumper. You need the LTZ harness, you will remove the stock LT harness. If @pgamboa is selling a harness, I would buy it from him. Phil is very reputable and helpful. Got my dl8 to dl3 mirror conversion harness from him. Truly plug and play.

• Like 2

If you have 2016+, it will work. I am using it on my truck myself. The picture I posted if for the head lights but it's the same concept. You will need the LTZ harness (which you have) since the connector that plugs into the light itself is different. There is a single connector that plugs into the tail light and a separate connector for the reverse lamp. My harness plugs in line to that connector. It can be plugged in near the tail or down below where the harness plugs into the bank of connectors by the spare tire.

Here is the correct pic. They are color coded for each side.

6522129662dac246c590dab2759927fb.jpg

• Like 1

Update: turns out the tail lights I have are off of a 2017 ltz. Some things were different but pgamboa was willing to help me either way! He was super fast at responding and helped me figure out how to get my tail lights working. This guy goes above and beyond for people that aren't even buying anything from him!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The LED taillights will look like this (the reverse light is on the bottom):

(I am selling a set along with the factory harnesses needed for the upgrade...You'd just need new resistors)

image.thumb.png.f5ddf139b3677f986b5963b6e7164635.png