Firestone MT 2 tires

Been serious debating on a new set of tires for the truck before winter, was curious if anyone on here actually had these tires the firestone mt2 just came out in July, was going to try a 285/65/18 with my 2011 z71 with a 2" front level, but wanted a review from someone who has actually had them.. for 1200 bucks it a bit pricey of an endeavor ea415e666663ccb2ca8bdd1e7af7732e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mud tires are terrible in the snow and ice just throwing that out there.

0bfd0f0c7e54eb75603fc81f5a27205a.jpg I wouldn't know what else to put on there as a good all around performer these got good reviews that I seen and they specifically say mud and snow on the description, I do know the AT Bridgetown dueller I currently have on them now suck ass!! I get stuck in our field any time it rains is kinda embarrassing having all 4 tires spinning at idle and not going anywhere

EVERY TIRE on Firestone/Bridgestone (not Bridgetown)/Goodyear/Michelin/Yokohama/Hankook/Tire Rack's, etc., websites (except for the max-performance summer-only sports/racecar tires) says for "dry/wet/light snow" conditions. Even their SUV highway tires. They wanna sell tires!

You just need to figure out your main priority. Factory stock tires are not going to be any good in deep mud. If the factory put on mud tires on anything but their as-marketed "off-road" models, their warranty claims and complaints would be horrendous, as most mud tires are typically Load Range E, and as such they make too much noise on the highway, they ride stiff, are too heavy, and get worse gas mileage.

Mud tires are not so good on packed snow and ice because they don't have enough sipes molded in. They are good in fresh deep snow because of their deep aggressive tread. The all-around best snow tires (good on deep snow or packed snow/ice) are a dedicated snow tire (for winter use only) or a rated all-terrain tire with the mountain snowflake symbol.

The Firestone MT2's would be good in the mud. The Firestone Destination AT would be better all-around on the highway and in snow/packed snow/ice than the MT, but not so good in deep mud.

Goodyear Wranger DuraTrac's are good for mud and snow. BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2's are good for some mud and deep snow. FourWheeler magazine said the Hankook Dynapro MT was their best mud tire pick a few years back, but they don't have any sipes for packed snow/ice. The hot thing now is 'hybrid' All-Terrain tires such as the Cooper AT/W tire, but they would not be so good in deep mud.

If the tire makers could figure out the magic formula one tire good for rock crawling/mud/snow/ice/highway/noise/fuel mileage, they'd sell a couple billion of the things!

I have "always" been BFG AT fan and will be getting new K02's - 285/55/20's for my 2016 5.3-4X4 in November before midwest winter hits us...

Dumping the SR-A's..

Average longevity was between 60K and 80K on AT's...

Great traction in rain, snow, mud, etc., and had them on (2) Tahoe's, (2) Toyota trucks and old beater blazer with no issues..

Unfortunatly,, no Magic formula for the best all-around-tire, since truck wheel base, weight, suspension set-up, pricing. nitrogen vs. air fill and tire pressure create many variables...

Good luck on your search..

Cheers----K

I have "always" been BFG AT fan and will be getting new K02's - 285/55/20's for my 2016 5.3-4X4 in November before midwest winter hits us...

Dumping the SR-A's..

Average longevity was between 60K and 80K on AT's...

Great traction in rain, snow, mud, etc., and had them on (2) Tahoe's, (2) Toyota trucks and old beater blazer with no issues..

Unfortunatly,, no Magic formula for the best all-around-tire, since truck wheel base, weight, suspension set-up, pricing. nitrogen vs. air fill and tire pressure create many variables...

Good luck on your search..

Cheers----K

thanks for your input

i picked up spare wheels on craigs list and put on dedicated snows at the first threat of real snow/ice conditions. went to a narrower tire and even though it looks a little off, the trade off for the winter performance is worth it. the cooper m&s snows are unreal in the winter mess. i slid off the road many years ago with a set of mud tires in the snow. i run 275 now and go to a 235 on my snows

Archived