2017 Transmission Issues

Update: I hope this can at least help anyone who is also experiencing this transmission issue.

Brought the truck back to the dealership because the trans is still "slam shifting" and was starting to hunt for gears and "slam" into gear on the acceleration as well as the downshift when stopping. Current ticket that I have states that the truck threw 3 codes: P2227- Barometric Sensor (BARO) Range/Performance Problem, P2228- BARO Sensor/Circuit Low and P0113- Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IAT). So, the mass air flow sensor, intake air temperature sensor and barometric sensor replaced. At no time did any idiot lights illuminate my dash board which apparently these codes are supposed to activate. So, after getting off of the phone with the Sales Manager and GM Corporate I received a call back from the service writer who told me the truck was fixed and ready for pickup. I should probably mention that two hours prior he called me and stated that they were trying to find the part and did not know when the truck would be done but that it would be fixed within the week. I asked at what point they are going to admit that they sold me a truck that is not sound, considering that all of this is occurring with under 8k miles on the clock, and the response was exactly what could be expected. The truck is still not shifting correctly (I was given a 17 1500 z71 to drive while the truck was in the shop and it didn't seem to shift at all like mine), I am now experiencing a sound that I can only compare to an exhaust header leak from the left side under load at less than 2k rpm and the damn cab rattles over every bump/each time a door is closed. Like I said, I hope that at least this helps with anyone trying to research/confirm an issue that GM seems to know about...the lawyer that I spoke to today so that they have had a lot of cases regarding Silverado Transmissions...

Edited by RyGuyFD

Here is a recent Toyota post?

Welp, I hate to say this, but I sold my Tacoma. I really felt there's a fundamental engineering flaw with the truck. When the engine produces no usable torque below 2k rpm (being generous), and the transmission absolutely can't wait to get the RPMs below 2k for fuel economy reasons, I feel there's a fundamental problem here. Sure, ShiftSense gets the shift points to hold into the powerband, but wait a second, this is an issue. Why? Because, it's a band-aid on a $37k truck. This is a big BULLSHIT flag in my book. Not to mention, the engine is generating torque in regions where my nose bleeds at the frequency of 4600 rpm. This is a big BULLSHIT in terms of engineering. Trying to be Nascar? , F1? , MotoGP? - sorry Toyota, you're not.

I picked up a 2017 Chevy Colorado 2.8 Duramax that produces effortless torque at 2k RPM. I get to high speeds without even knowing it. Towing will be effortless. Driving in mountains is effortless and I never even notice the transmission shifts. I doze off due to the truck being ****ing bored at the challenge. Off Road? I visit trail heads for strenuous hikes. Yeah , some remote, but I never plan to take a machine where I can hoof it and enjoy a good hike.

Here's the thing, the Tacoma forums are more entertaining than the Chevy forums, so don't banish me. Or if you do, at least let's have a beer and agree on our differences. Adieu

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t guess i noticed this problem or maybe i am not catching it? Of course I either put it in tow/haul or manual mode if i have to downshift quickly if i am in town its more likely left in manual mode to keep afm off and gear hunt down (trans shifts 4-5 at 32mph). on the highway or when i am able to stay in 6th gear for a long period of time. it gets left in drive.

i have noticed that driving in manual mode vs auto the hesitation is gone. Before m6 anyway. 

But i do know all 3 loaners i had 2017 relatively same options all  5.3 and one v6  the drove a little better then the 16 i have. 

If i do have this issue it doesn’t bother me, she has 20k on her and I don’t plan on stopping:) 

• 2 years later...

Same here. 2017 z71. Feels like someone hit me from behind at either low speeds or at a dead stop. Glad I’m not the only one. Just did the recall for that brake issue. Should have brought that up to the service guy.