Duratrac 275/65R20 Review

SippiSierra

I probably should label this as a short term road / off road review. I have a '14 Sierra with a 2.25 inch Pro Comp Level. I added the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 275/65r20 and I love the way the truck looks. I have no rubbing and no trimming as of yet. As some of you may know dove season opened September 2nd so it was the first opportunity for my truck to hit some off the pavement real world driving. The field we hunt in is a bit of a ways back on some land a friend of the family owns. The certain points of mud the tires performed flawlessly. I went up and over with some articulation and did not hear or feel any rubbing. I just thought I would throw this out there as I was a little concerned when I was deciding what size to put underneath the truck as I do use it for more than a grocery getter. Now I just have to clean the mud and tall grass off.

On the road I only have 350 miles on them. I can hear them but they are not loud and not annoying, I think that is more of a personal preference. Gas mileage has dropped around 2 mpg. The ride is what I expected out of a heavier LT tire. It is more planted and I personally like it. I will keep this thread updated with tread wear every rotation (or at least try to remember to).

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2017 at 12:28 PM, SippiSierra said:

I probably should label this as a short term road / off road review. I have a '14 Sierra with a 2.25 inch Pro Comp Level. I added the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 275/65r20 and I love the way the truck looks. I have no rubbing and no trimming as of yet. As some of you may know dove season opened September 2nd so it was the first opportunity for my truck to hit some off the pavement real world driving. The field we hunt in is a bit of a ways back on some land a friend of the family owns. The certain points of mud the tires performed flawlessly. I went up and over with some articulation and did not hear or feel any rubbing. I just thought I would throw this out there as I was a little concerned when I was deciding what size to put underneath the truck as I do use it for more than a grocery getter. Now I just have to clean the mud and tall grass off.

On the road I only have 350 miles on them. I can hear them but they are not loud and not annoying, I think that is more of a personal preference. Gas mileage has dropped around 2 mpg. The ride is what I expected out of a heavier LT tire. It is more planted and I personally like it. I will keep this thread updated with tread wear every rotation (or at least try to remember to).

I know this is over a year ago. Any updates? What are the specs on the rims? I am considering the same tires. I have the readylift 2.25 level with control arms. Thanks.

1 minute ago, acinquegrana said:

I know this is over a year ago. Any updates? What are the specs on the rims? I am considering the same tires. I have the readylift 2.25 level with control arms. Thanks.

Over a year. Insane. Haha. The tires have been great, the lift is still fine. Wheels are stock snowflakes. Tire tread left is around 55% but I’ve put almost 48000 miles on them. Religiously rotating every 5000 miles. 

• Like 1

Over a year. Insane. Haha. The tires have been great, the lift is still fine. Wheels are stock snowflakes. Tire tread left is around 55% but I’ve put almost 48000 miles on them. Religiously rotating every 5000 miles. 
Awesome thanks for the quick reply. Those are the wheels I am looking to get. Preferably in gloss black but cant find them other than PVD black chrome. Found a set of OEM's might consider powdercoating. Where I am from chrome doesn't hold up well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just now, acinquegrana said:

Awesome thanks for the quick reply. Those are the wheels I am looking to get. Preferably in gloss black but cant find them other than PVD black chrome. Found a set of OEM's might consider powdercoating. Where I am from chrome doesn't hold up well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A buddy powder coated his, more of a matte black/gray. Man they look sharp and have held up well. 

• Like 1