Exhaust Flapper Rattle - Again

Mine was squeaking also at 12k miles. I could only hear it with the window down or the backwindow open. I used a 1.5" drywall screw through the open corners of the squares with the valve open. 

It has a teeny bit more sound at startup, no other difference. 

Edited by Bikemobile
Add

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 5:32 PM, KFeeney said:

Any idea what the TSB # is or what to search for exactly? 

I’ve been looking everywhere for the TSB# and can’t can’t seem to find it. My 2017 5.3l has been squeaking since I bought it new with 24 miles on it. The dealer said they would replace my exhaust it if I had the service bulletin number. I’ve got 32k on it now.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:32 PM, KFeeney said:

Any idea what the TSB # is or what to search for exactly? 

I’ve been looking everywhere for the TSB# and can’t can’t seem to find it. My 2017 5.3l has been squeaking since I bought it new with 24 miles on it. The dealer said they would replace my exhaust it if I had the service bulletin number. I’ve got 32k on it now.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:34 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

Another exhaust system on order at the dealer. 3 exhaust systems in the first 18,000 miles. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’ve been looking everywhere for the TSB# and can’t can’t seem to find it. My 2017 5.3l has been squeaking since I bought it new with 24 miles on it. The dealer said they would replace my exhaust it if I had the service bulletin number. I’ve got 32k on it now.

• 6 months later...

I sprayed my flapper on my 2015 Sierra with FLUID FILM and after the first application it was half gone and after the second spray no more squeak!!!!

Had this squeak for a couple years and it was driving me crazy, didn't know where it came from. 

The FLUID FILM hasn't burnt off either as i drive 120 KMs to work and back on the highway and it still is quiet and no more SQUEAK!!!

7688380_FluidFilm.jpeg.86070d2b0cd7bd2bfb3f4161f89c5c11.jpeg

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/fluid-film-rust-corrosion-prevention-0381567p.html

Cheers!

Edited by RonK99