Exhaust Flapper Rattle - Again

Pi1201 Exhaust Rattle, Buzz, Pop or Whistle. March 2014

This was the original one I used but I'm sure it's been updated a few times and may have a new number

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

https://gm.oemdtc.com/7642/pi1201a-exhaust-rattle-buzz-pop-or-whistle-2014-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

We traded my wife's 14 in on a 17 about a month ago. On the 14 I had the flapper valve removed after we had owned a while and within a week of picking up her 17 I drove it one day and had the valve removed on it. We both think the exhaust tone is a little deeper and have had no other issues with it. To me it was just a big restriction in the stock exhaust.

Would the dealership remove it, or do you have to get it done somewhere else??

I had a muffler shop do it. They cut the flapper valve out and put in a piece of pipe. I kept the valve but will probably throw it away at some point. Like I said in my earlier post, it is a big restriction in the system. They charged me $70 to do it.

There is an updated one I think. Your dealer should be able to find it based on the link on page 2

Ok thanks, was wanting to get the TSB number just in case the dealer wanted to play dirty and say it was just normal noises.