2017 Sierra with 5100 Bilsteins and 275/60R20

Anyone running this setup? Looking to put a level on a new 2017 Sierra SLT 4x4 Crew and also plan to go up a size on tires, using the stock 20" snowflake wheels.

• My first option is to replace the stock Ranchos with 5100s and set them at the highest setting (1.85")
  • My other option is to go with the 2" rough county level and leave the stock Ranchos.

I'm hoping some 275/60R20s will fit with the 5100's on the high setting. From looking at other posts, it seems like they should.

Any thoughts?

Yeah they will fit, its been said many times around here.

Why replace brand new shocks, 5100s wont be too drastic over brand new Ranchos. I say just level it and new tires.

5100's are night and day better!! The stock Z71 ranchos are GARBAGE.

5100's are night and day better!! The stock Z71 ranchos are GARBAGE.

Brand new less than 500 mile ranchos are garbage compared to 5100s?

I mean i dont know, i dont have 5100s but cant be that big of a difference. My ranchos with 97k miles ARE garbage so i will replace them soon, thats for sure.

Brand new less than 500 mile ranchos are garbage compared to 5100s?

I mean i dont know, i dont have 5100s but cant be that big of a difference. My ranchos with 97k miles ARE garbage so i will replace them soon, thats for sure.

I swapped mine at 5k, wish I did it sooner. Really a big difference, trucks much more planted and predicable.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

For those of you with the 5100 level and larger tires, what MPG drop have you noticed?

Maybe 1 MPG or less here. I went with the 5100's at highest notch and 265/70/18 tires, (32.6"). Basically 1" over stock. I was actually surprised because I figured with the tire size off, it would mess with the computer and drop it significantly. I'm sure it does a little bit but like I said, I don't see a huge difference and LOVE the look now. Also I still have the front valance on which helps with MPG.

I swapped mine at 5k, wish I did it sooner. Really a big difference, trucks much more planted and predicable.

I like the idea of using 5100's to level but the cost advantage of a 1.5" or 2" spacer is appealing. Can you please explain what you mean by, "much more planted and predicable". I can't think of an example when my truck may behave in an unpredictable manner because of its shocks.

I like the idea of using 5100's to level but the cost advantage of a 1.5" or 2" spacer is appealing. Can you please explain what you mean by, "much more planted and predicable". I can't think of an example when my truck may behave in an unpredictable manner because of its shocks.

The Bilstein shocks have more of a diggresive valving meaning they are more firm at low speed. The stock ranchos are more mushy at low speed, meaning it's a progressive valving.

Spacers are also crap, they use the same shock but cause them to top out at full extension which can cause component failure. Do it right, skip the puck spacers.

Archived