Bye Z71, Hello 2018 DURANGO R/T BRASS MONKEY AWD

13 hours ago, scott19677 said:

Well, It’s been awhile since I’ve checked in since buying the ‘Rango.

I REALLY love driving this thing and the transmission in sport mode is fantastic.

But like I stated I have kept my fingers crossed hoping the ‘19 twins would be a better truck..... until I saw that stunt with the helicopter dropping in the new Silverado. Finally we get some round wheel wells and the rest of the truck is about as sexy as an ass full of poison ivy.?

They should have dropped it from 500 feet up.

This will be the first new Silverado that I will be taking a pass on since I can remember.

It just looks....”desperate”

RIP to my 2014 Z71. I loved the look, just too bad it was a lemon half the time. 

DAMN!!! It pisses me off . I really wanted a new Chevy. But that front end treatment kinda like the Tahoe that juts out just ruins it for me. I’m shure some will love it regardless. 

Now I’m torn between the new Ram or adding a SRT Hellcat to satisfy my mid life crisis. 

Definitely disappointed GM. Maybe next time. Until then, try hiring some new designers. Please!

So you buy a vehicle based on looks then? I don't get it, it is a truck there is only so much you can do to them. Does it do everything you want with the features you desire at a price you are happy with? Who cares about the look, I would never even remotely consider putting the looks in the top 100 of things I look for in a purchase. That would be what some consider pretentious or image conscious, never understood why people are so concerned with how it looks rather what it performs or offers.

You are basing this off 1 version, we haven't even seen the box checker versions, or the ones with a chrome bumper or others with a painted front end. That could be a special 1 off bumper and front end treatment and look totally different than the others.

Tyler

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/22/2017 at 3:20 PM, amxguy1970 said:

So you buy a vehicle based on looks then? I don't get it, it is a truck there is only so much you can do to them. Does it do everything you want with the features you desire at a price you are happy with? Who cares about the look, I would never even remotely consider putting the looks in the top 100 of things I look for in a purchase. That would be what some consider pretentious or image conscious, never understood why people are so concerned with how it looks rather what it performs or offers.

You are basing this off 1 version, we haven't even seen the box checker versions, or the ones with a chrome bumper or others with a painted front end. That could be a special 1 off bumper and front end treatment and look totally different than the others.

Tyler

Yeah you’re right about different optioned trucks. But I just cannot get over the front fenders that have the treatment like on the Tahoe and Suburban. 

Ya know, that little piece that juts out by the head lights. It’s probably just me but it’s like nails on a chalkboard only to my eyes ?.lol

On a different note. Man I miss this site with all the help and banter, good and bad. The Dodge forums are like a friggin’ funeral.

I have so many questions about the ‘Rango and since I know next to nothing about Dodge products and there’s not much out there except for the basics I guess I will just have to play it by ear. But don’t worry I am shure a new Chevy is in my future.

I just hope they would take some notes on the Dodge TCM programming. 

I had a very aggressive BlackBear tune on my Silvy and it didn’t even come close to the Dodge TCM programming. I have to say, when you put this thing in sport mode the 8 speed tuning is nearly perfect. I haven’t driven any of the trucks so I can’t compare. 

But once again, you have a good point. I would like to see what a decent optioned LT will look like. 

Scott

edit:

Oh.... And Merry Christmas guys.

I already took a peek under the tree and I got a tail light blackout kit. ?

Archived