Bye Z71, Hello 2018 DURANGO R/T BRASS MONKEY AWD

Well guys, after driving nothing but Silverados for over 20 years I just couldnt go on with the love/hate relationship I have had with my last three 2014's.

I was gonna' try and stick it out and buy a 2019 when they come out but fear it would be just more of the same. Such a shame because this was the first forum that I had ever joined and I really learned a lot and also got to help a lot guys and gals with help when I could. What a great comunity of people. I'm shure I will check back in later.

So...... for the good news. I traded the Z71 for a 2018 DURANGO R/T BRASS MONKEY AWD with the 5.7 Hemi V8. Cannot belive the crisp, snappy performance of this thing! No AWD burnouts yet. Gonna' break it in a little first. This is actually the first truck I've ever bought off the show room floor, it was only off the truck for a few days and was talk of the dealership along with a new Hellcat parked right next to it. I have to say, I am VERY impressed with the fit, finish, and performance.

Some of the features, three row Katskin leather with R/T logo, AWD, 10 speaker Beats sound, and about every other option other than a sun roof. I will try to post a few pics below. I do have to say that Chrystler/Dodge gave me over 5,000 bucks more for my trade in than any one else. Just sayin' in case anyone else wants to come to the Dark Side.lol

4WrW10.jpg

XnkGZD.jpg

M85rCa.jpg

UmzZco.jpg3CHSaW.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fool me once....twice....three....,I bought 7 new Silvy's in just the last 10 years alone. More before that and I absolutely loved every one except for the last three. Two buybacks out of the last three. I mean it hurt to throw away my Chevy cap at the dealership and put on a Mopar hat but the General just ain't cutting it at the moment. Funny how that new leather smell makes everything better.

Man, this little Monster is a BLAST to drive!!!

Until you go to stop. I think I need bigger brakes.lol

Or turn.... I doubt it is much faster than your truck was though.

Those are pretty sweet for as old as they are. Going to need a bunch more power to do AWD burnouts though. See this more and more often, people switching to non-trucks; goes to show how many people on here probably have no need for a truck and would much enjoy driving something else instead. Always had a soft spot for sporty SUV's/CUV's, my neighbor has two (one black and one white as well as one of those 3 wheel polaris').

Tyler

Archived