Fuse for charging trailer battery?

I have a 2009 Sierra with Heavy-Duty Trailering package (or whatever it is called). Is there a fuse or something that needs to be done to charge my trailer battery when it is connected? I don’t think it is charging it and want to verify that everything is hooked up as it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are your trailer hardness hook up at the fuse block (under hood) two studs on front of fuse box. one for trailer, and other for brake control. I found the two hardness tape up next to the fuse block. hook them up and ready to go . NOTE : This was on a 2008 Tahoe , & 2012 Silverado . good luck

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/17/2017 at 6:18 AM, kevin79 said:

I have a 2009 Sierra with Heavy-Duty Trailering package (or whatever it is called). Is there a fuse or something that needs to be done to charge my trailer battery when it is connected? I don’t think it is charging it and want to verify that everything is hooked up as it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wires for the 12V feed are coiled under your brake booster.  Cut the tape and secure it to the right stud on the front of your fuse box.  Then see if you have the 40-Amp J-Case fuse in position 68 right in front of that connection.  If you want photos send me your email address and I'll send over the 2009 Electrical Upfitter's Guide (Page A-57).