Contento's 2015 Silverado Z71 Midnight Edition

Contento

I've had my truck now for a few weeks, and have started to put the pieces together for my build out. So far:

Big Plans for the next week (Amazon is DANGEROUS):

STAY TUNED

20171117_171417.jpg

20171117_171454.jpg

20171208_094718.jpg

20171208_094709.jpg

IMG957043.jpg

s8z71.jpg

Edited by Contento

Just now, SirenRed16 said:

Not sure how good of a catch can that'll be for $18.

Based on the reviews and a couple of unsolicited videos of the same one by one of those hot rod builder tv shows, NO reason to spend the crazy money on the "good" ones. Heck, if I wasted $18, I can live with that. We'll see what we have in a few hundred miles.

Based on the reviews and a couple of unsolicited videos of the same one by one of those hot rod builder tv shows, NO reason to spend the crazy money on the "good" ones. Heck, if I wasted $18, I can live with that. We'll see what we have in a few hundred miles.
To each there own though. Not bashing you or anything but me personally I would do it right the first time around. Heck I worked hard to buy my first truck at the age of 20 and will only put the best stuff into my truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Erion109 said:

Great looking truck! I'll have to do some digging on here, but I'm interesting in some of the mods you mentioned above. What is the purpose of the oil catch can?

Thanks! Here is a good video explanation of the oil catch can: Oil Catch Can

In short, it's a way to filter the moisture and oil-mist out of the PCV system so that you aren't burning that in the combustion chamber. That leads to nasty valve issues. I experienced it first hand on my previous truck (Turbo Ford). The higher the pressure in the system, the worse it can be. You'll find people saying it's snake oil (excuse the pun) and you'll find others that swear by it. I've seen and heard of guys draining vast amounts of oil out of their catch cans in a few hundred miles. To me, I experienced the issues with not having it, so I'm taking the big $18 plunge and adding one (a cheap one) in the system.

3 hours ago, Contento said:

I've had my truck now for a few weeks, and have started to put the pieces together for my build out. So far:

Big Plans for the next week (Amazon is DANGEROUS):

STAY TUNED

20171117_171417.jpg

20171117_171454.jpg

20171208_094718.jpg

20171208_094709.jpg

IMG957043.jpg

s8z71.jpg

Look's Good - Why not ALL BLACK Z71 emblems

1 minute ago, slj2008 said:

Look's Good - Why not ALL BLACK Z71 emblems

For the same reason I'm leaving the chrome accents inside the grill fins. Contrast. To me, the contrasting accents are what make the black look blacker. Too much of them detracts from the overall "wow that truck is seriously all blacked and wicked" but with just a touch, I think it pops.

On 12/8/2017 at 10:41 AM, SirenRed16 said:

Nice truck for sure. One piece of advice? You should invest in a proper catch can. Not sure how good of a catch can that'll be for $18.

OH MY GOODNESS WAS IT JUNK!! LOL! No real baffle. The inlets weren't even threaded. they just kind of rested in the openings. On it's way back (thanks Amazon Prime) and bought this one to try out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK9PTP7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Antenna delete (relocated to inner fender well) is done and the rear blocks from the Motofab kit are in. The hardest part was figuring out where to jack the truck up tall enough without jacking on the rear axle (so that it could be lowered to replace the block). Rest was a piece of cake. Front strut spacers will be installed later in the week.

20171209_143725.jpg

20171209_143740.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS WAS IT JUNK!! LOL! No real baffle. The inlets weren't even threaded. they just kind of rested in the openings. On it's way back (thanks Amazon Prime) and bought this one to try out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK9PTP7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
Don't want to rub it your face but told you lol. I knew it was going to be junk because of the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk