Any lifted trucks having problems

Wondering if anyone with a lifted 1500 is having any drivetrain problems. I bought a 2017 silverado new  with a 6” lift done by dealer services international. I’m getting a noise from the front axle/differential area when its cold outside. Kind of like a growl that comes and goes in 2-3 second intervals around 40+ mph. Been going back and forth with dealership. They kept saying its tire noise. I just pulled the muds off and put a less aggressive tire on and now waiting for the temperature to get below 30 before i take it back to dealer.  Just wondering if anyone else is having any kind of issues

My truck, 2016 1500 6” lift with 35s, has had the cv axle replaced twice. It made a popping noise, but never a growling noise. I agree with Jose, that sounds like 4wd is engaging. If you drive in 4wd auto change to just 2wd and see if that fixes it.

Installed a zone 6.5 lift on my 2016 silverado at 10,000 and now I'm at 30,000 with no ball joint issues but on occasion I'll hear a single pop sound from the front end when going in reverse in full lock, but it only does it once then goes away. I'll wait until it gets more consistent before making the repairs, but so far so good. Replaced rear shocks at 26,000 miles and so far that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep on with the dealer.  You are currently testing their tire noise theory and if they are proven wrong, get back on to them.  I believe service advisers are trained to skirt around a potentially major problem for as long as possible.  They will eventually get to the cause!  It is like your first visit to a Doctor when s/he inevitably tells you to come again in two weeks if the problem persists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...