Rear Lift Block question

Does anyone make a 2" block for our trucks with ears and no taper?  Or simply a 2" block thats 2.5 wide and no taper? Theres so many crap lift blocks out there, its crazy.  I've already bought and returned 3 different ones for various reasons.

I've installed dozens of the Ready Lift 2" blocks at the dealership I work at and have never encountered a vibration....... Not trying to be ignorant, but are you putting the narrow part of the taper forward?

So the vibration isn't there when the blocks aren't installed??

If the block were causing the vibration, you would likely get it only on initial acceleration, or on throttle lift at higher speeds... That's generally how a driveline vibration presents..... A vibration in the pedals? You only feel it in your feet?  If it was a tire imbalance issue, you'd feel the fronts through the steering wheel, rears usually in the seat...

interesting........:uhoh:

I know it sounds crazy but my pedal foot never lies.  I've had too many racer/POS vehicles in my life not to rely on it when something isn't right.  Basically, right from take off, I can feel the revolutions from the driveshaft and any little bump in the road.  I guess in a sense, its not a true driveline vibration.  This is for gas and brake pedal.  I put shock extenders on for the hell of it, and it did help the overall ride quality a little but not so much in the pedals.  I should also add I did do new tires and front level but I spaced the install of each far enough apart to make sure ride quality wasn't compromised.  I was content with all except the rear blocks.  Go figure.

So, who all sells rear blocks for these trucks that you know of?  I know theres Rough Country, Tuff Country, ReadyLift, CNC'd aluminum ebay blocks with non-fitting dowel pins, shitty hollow cast iron blocks from wherever.  Any where else?

I just did a BDS 4.5" lift today on a 2500HD, they have a flat 2" rear lift block with round dowel pins.....I don't know if they are available separately......

So with just the stock block, the truck is fine.....with the 2" block, things go bad?............

I ordered from summit performance off ebay. It's a square 2" tall block. billet aluminum PC black, came with u bolts as well, or you can just buy the blocks. No issues with them on my 16 ltz71

They have the alignment dowels machined in as well.

2" block = 1" of lift, confirmed with them how they size prior to ordering.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Chevy-Silverado-1500-2WD-4WD-2-Rear-Lift-blocks-U-bolts-CH-1500-R2-0-HC/121491429603?hash=item1c497418e3:g:XZAAAOSw6DtYSD9d&vxp=mtr

No, BDS  and Tuff Country have nice flat 2" blocks...but only for 2500s.  Pretty sure the dowel pin/hole is different. 

Summit is exactly who I ordered with and the dowel pin hole was too small for the leafspring pin.  I jammed it up in there dangling and took a pic and asked wtf is this?  They had no answer but to ship it back at my expense.

I took the ReadyLift block out today back to the stocker.  I plan to have it milled flat and reinstall.  If that doesn't work I'll go with airbags.   I can't believe I'm the only idiot thats encountered this.  I think these trucks have weird ju-ju harmonics that are very temperamental to changes.

8 hours ago, Austin66 said:

No, BDS  and Tuff Country have nice flat 2" blocks...but only for 2500s.  Pretty sure the dowel pin/hole is different. 

Summit is exactly who I ordered with and the dowel pin hole was too small for the leafspring pin.  I jammed it up in there dangling and took a pic and asked wtf is this?  They had no answer but to ship it back at my expense.

I took the ReadyLift block out today back to the stocker.  I plan to have it milled flat and reinstall.  If that doesn't work I'll go with airbags.   I can't believe I'm the only idiot thats encountered this.  I think these trucks have weird ju-ju harmonics that are very temperamental to changes.

Summit racing or summit performance. Big difference

I have that exact pair in the link, they are perfectly flat, no taper, and the dowel is a snug fit.

Performance.  Believe me, I've spent more than I want to admit with Summit Racing.  I know the difference. 

After several failed attempts at lowering the jack and seating the block, this pic is of me jamming it up in there by hand and twisting it halfway in leaving it hanging.  That is not a snug fit.  That is a non fit.  I can just imagine pancaking it in to make it seat, and that dowel pin sheering off and spitting the block out at the most inopportune time.  No thank you.  

IMG_20171111_130348699.jpg

Archived