GM still coy on 2qty engines?

mookdoc6

So Ram finally comes to the plate and offers what GM has for couple years with Eassist?  I am willing to bet GM has significant "Hybrid" tech to drop on the game in coming months.......If there is going to be "twin Turbo" V-6 would it not be the 4.3L it's only purpose is truck applications?  Seems very obvious that GM simply believes a low displacement, force fed gasser is something for cars not trucks....Thoughts?

I'm not sure what the benefit of adding twin turbo's to the V6 would be beyond a sales strategy.  I currently own the biggest, heaviest  gm available with the current 4.3 and it performs fabulously.  By simply removing 450+ lbs from the weight of the truck, the power and payload has potentially been increased for 2019.  Consumers love to compare horsepower numbers.  One member wrote that if the V6 was increased by 15 -25 hp he would consider it a viable choice.  I doubt anyone would feel the difference but the "number" would now exceed 300.  I would like to see greater emphasis placed on what trucks are able to do.  For example, I wonder what 285 hp could do matched to a 10 speed transmission and a 3.73 rear axle?  (We all know that a 4.3 with a 3.42 can out pull a 5.3 with a 3.08)  .... Just sharing my thoughts...

There has always been a market for a pickup with a (relatively) lower powered 6 cylinder.

Don't see an economical lower powered powertrain suddenly becoming a bad idea.  Not everyone buys them to hot rod.  Some want economical to buy and economical to operate and are not so interested in big horsepower and creature comforts/conveniences.

Of course I remember when most the v8's were well under 200hp.

We got along fine.

Archived