DIC Question

Okay, 4 years since the last post...but I have a question related and hoping someone might have some insight. 

I was disappointed to discover that my new-to-me 2015 Sierra 2500 High Country does not have the off-road nor the trailer brake display on the DIC. My 2015 1500 Z71 did. I just discovered from this thread (and after reading my owner's manual more thoroughly) that there is a base level DIC and an uplevel DIC. The DIC will display the trailer brake info if I press the trailer brake adjustment controls, but it is only a momentary thing, not a permanent display that can be scrolled through.

So, my question is, does anyone know of any hack I can perform in order to get the uplevel features to display on the DIC?

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 11:30 AM, BlackDawg said:

Okay, 4 years since the last post...but I have a question related and hoping someone might have some insight. 

I was disappointed to discover that my new-to-me 2015 Sierra 2500 High Country does not have the off-road nor the trailer brake display on the DIC. My 2015 1500 Z71 did. I just discovered from this thread (and after reading my owner's manual more thoroughly) that there is a base level DIC and an uplevel DIC. The DIC will display the trailer brake info if I press the trailer brake adjustment controls, but it is only a momentary thing, not a permanent display that can be scrolled through.

So, my question is, does anyone know of any hack I can perform in order to get the uplevel features to display on the DIC?

If it's a HIgh Country it will have the 'uplevel' display. 

Trailer brake control info should be on either display. 

For uplevel:

DIC Info Page Options
The info pages on the DIC can be turned on or off through the Settings menu.
1. Press < to access the cluster applications.
2. Press (up) or (down) to scroll to the Settings application.
3. Press (checkmark)  to enter the Settings menu.
4. Scroll to Info Pages and press >.
5. Press (up) or (down) to move through the list of possible information displays.
6. Press (checkmark) while an item is highlighted to select or deselect that item. 

When an item is selected, a checkmark will appear next to it.

DIC Info Pages
The following is the list of all possible DIC info page displays.
Some may not be available for your particular vehicle.

Some items may not be turned on by default but can be turned on through the Settings app.

See “DIC Info Page Options” earlier in this section.