Chrome bubble (when bumper to bumper doesn't include the bumper)

It's a QC issue. I was just the lucky recipient. Not going down without making some noise though. The bumper probably picked up some contamination in the plating process, which I am sure was not done in house and probably by the lowest bidder and paper thin.

This stuff isn't chrome in the traditional sense and it certainly isn't tri-plate. Think of the chrome on  a model car and that is what they use now. It's sprayed on. Garbage and why I bought a WT in black plastic trim. I've seen this stuff sheet  like pulling shelf paper or bark off a birch tree.  

I'm glad you're going to pursue this further.  I like your emphasis on "bumper to bumper" warranty.  I doubt it is an issue from the factory and I would suggest you investigate the certified pre-owned designation.  A young college student backed into the front bumper of my last truck.  He was paying out of pocket so I settled on a non oem replacement.  I had already owned the truck for four years and was considering a new truck at the time.  I kept the truck for another year but I could see signs of rust on the aftermarket bumper. (No good deed goes unpunished) I currently own a 2015 and there are signs of rust on the mounting hardware for the aftermarket running boards.  However, all oem parts clean-up to show room condition.  Don't give up and please keep us posted as to your progress.  I firmly believe that if you take a calm, systematic approach you will get satisfaction.

22 hours ago, Mike GMC said:

That sucks.  I was a bit torn about having painted bumpers thinking chrome was easier to maintain, but things like this make me think it's a toss up. 

Nope, if I had to do it again I would not go with painted or chrome. I'd probably get the optioned Custom I want with the plastic black bumper. I've had my truck for 11 months and it looks like someone shot the shit out of the front bumper with buck shot...

Nope, if I had to do it again I would not go with painted or chrome. I'd probably get the optioned Custom I want with the plastic black bumper. I've had my truck for 11 months and it looks like someone shot the shit out of the front bumper with buck shot...
I'm sure you can find someone to swap painted for chrome. I'm still optimistic that I will find someone with a Siren Red front end that wants chrome and is willing to trade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BlueSilvyZ71 said:

Mine has a few rock chips as well.  Had I bought it new, I would have done the clear film.  But it was used and came with rock chips already there.  Not much point in filming over chips.  Any way if I ever get the bumper repainted maybe I'll do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Called Gm, got a case #, got a call back, was told factory warranty and Certified Pre Owned Warranty do not cover rust on "trim". The bumper is by Gm's definition, trim. So, not covered. I then asked about the 3rd warranty I bought. She said, you have to ask the company who sold it to you. I said, "It was GM." long pause. That's a different department. I would really like an electrocution button on my phone. Both for them and for me. I just can't stand the stupid any longer. 

Archived