Clunk noise when going over curbs/bumps

2017 Sierra 1500 SLT with Tow package. 25,000km. Truck has a clunk noise when hoping a curb or driving slow on bumpy roads.

Brough it for same issue about 8000km ago. They asked if I had the truck rust proofed. Which I had. They claimed they needed to lubricate an area. I didn’t ask where at the time and it did not state on the work order. Clunk was gone. Now it’s coming back.

Anyone know where it’s coming from? Definitely rear end area.

What is bothering me is lubricant is obviously only a bandaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, jbgrizzler said:

2017 Sierra 1500 SLT with Tow package. 25,000km. Truck has a clunk noise when hoping a curb or driving slow on bumpy roads.

Brough it for same issue about 8000km ago. They asked if I had the truck rust proofed. Which I had. They claimed they needed to lubricate an area. I didn’t ask where at the time and it did not state on the work order. Clunk was gone. Now it’s coming back.

Anyone know where it’s coming from? Definitely rear end area.

What is bothering me is lubricant is obviously only a bandaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what that clunk is. My 2006 Silverado did the same thing, my 2015 also make that clunk over certain things. I fig it must be the way they are. I drove my 06 for almost 10 years with it doing that and never had a problem. I guess I'm not to worried about it on my 15. I also would notice it over rough train tracks. 

How would we know, could be anywhere... Why not just go back and either ask the dealer what they did last time or take it back in and have them note where it is since it still is underwarranty?

Am I the only one that laughed when mentioning going over curbs?

Tyler

23 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Am I the only one that laughed when mentioning going over curbs?

Tyler

Nope, my first thought was "The solution is to quit hopping curbs".

My only issue was the driver seat.  Had shim GM shim kit installed.  Not sure if this is the same area or problem you are having.  It make a clunk over curbs and hard turns.

Archived