Steering wheel play after...

2016 Midnight HD.

Had the dealership change oil, tire rotation. Took the truck on the highway shortly after and the steering has almost 2”s of play now. No vibration as if the tires are out of balance.  Only time the truck feels safe is when I’m going around a bend on the highway. It doesn’t track or pull in either direction.  The truck is near impossible to keep straight though.  This issue was DEFINITELY not there before they took it in. Been buying trucks from this place for years and I really don’t think they did anything shady.

I know I should re-rotate to see if it goes away then go from there but anyone have any thoughts

21k on the truck

does have rough country 3.5” front 1.something” rear

Edited by Keithm

On 5/23/2018 at 5:47 PM, JD110 said:

Sounds like the steering box adjuster screw came loose. There is a bulletin on this. See your dealer.

You are correct sir.

Thsnk you!

9E0512D7-F38A-429F-A5CF-F2482E45ED0D.jpeg

• Like 1

He had already removed everything by the time we noticed the culprit. Already had a new unit of the bench ready to go in so he just swapped it out.

Honestly I couldn’t give you a 100% sure answer to your question but my uneducated guess would be yes. 

• Like 1